Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #21
Wing-in-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
Hey Mark, we take possession of a new 325 on 2/7. I'm wondering what you've learned since you got it...likes/dislikes...how does the 2500HD handle her, do you have air bags, really anything you've learned.

Thanks
Hi Lanny,

We have only had her out once, and it's a learning experience going from a Bunkhouse to a toy hauler. The only down fall of a toy hauler is the lack of basement space. Other than that...it's awesome!
It tows a lot better than my bunkhouse did. Pulls like a dream.

I already had airbags on the truck, I use the bags only for taking out the porpoising we were getting prior to putting the bags on. Tows great. I haven't scaled it yet, but I will when they fix the scales at work. It is lighter than my last fiver, but the pin weight is a little more.

You will love the 325, especially the 6 point leveling system....that is the ticket for sure!

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:59 PM   #22
chill5500

Howdy, we just recently upgraded from a 2013 Puma Unleashed 351THSS to the FZ40315 and absolutely love it. I too was sort of surprised at how high the garage cabinets/storage are but a step stool solves the issue for adults anyways, now that I've seen the kids dresser/storage I will be looking for something similar. Thanks for the idea, and I don't know if anyone has double checked the levelness of the auto level system but I noticed one night I was sleeping a little head low or felt un-level and sure enough after checking level at several different spots the trailer was not really level so I manually leveled it then re-calibrated the systems auto level. Just food for thought, I also noticed the furnace was not really blowing warm air near the front of the trailer or master bed & bath area and was quite loud in the bedroom as well so while I had removed the basement partitions/boards for a leak at the power flush connection I wrapped both the ducts with insulation and now they are much more efficient, I also installed some insulation board above the furnace between the aluminum square tubing floor frame which lessened the noise level in the bedroom dramatically.
chill5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #23
Zapper

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your comments...I positively wasn't getting another RV with out auto level!

2015 3500HD DRW LTZ Durmax/Allison
2015 Fuzion 325 Onyx with Monster Pack
Reese 20K slider
Zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #24
Wing-in-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill5500 View Post
Howdy, we just recently upgraded from a 2013 Puma Unleashed 351THSS to the FZ40315 and absolutely love it. I too was sort of surprised at how high the garage cabinets/storage are but a step stool solves the issue for adults anyways, now that I've seen the kids dresser/storage I will be looking for something similar. Thanks for the idea, and I don't know if anyone has double checked the levelness of the auto level system but I noticed one night I was sleeping a little head low or felt un-level and sure enough after checking level at several different spots the trailer was not really level so I manually leveled it then re-calibrated the systems auto level. Just food for thought, I also noticed the furnace was not really blowing warm air near the front of the trailer or master bed & bath area and was quite loud in the bedroom as well so while I had removed the basement partitions/boards for a leak at the power flush connection I wrapped both the ducts with insulation and now they are much more efficient, I also installed some insulation board above the furnace between the aluminum square tubing floor frame which lessened the noise level in the bedroom dramatically.
Funny,you had a leak at the power flush too....we did as well......what a pain...had to empty the whole basement at the dumpstation to clean it out. Brought right back to the dealer and they fixed it that day. They also re labeled the black and grey tank valves correctly, they were reversed.

That's the only issue we have had so far. I can live with that.

2015 Fuzion 325
Chesterfield, VA.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #25
Wing-in-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
Thanks Mark, I appreciate your comments...I positively wasn't getting another RV with out auto level!
No problem Lanny! Enjoy it!

2015 Fuzion 325
Chesterfield, VA.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #26
Zettwoch

We've also been looking at this Fuzion 325 (at Holman), but I'm a little concerned with its massive hitch weight. TV is a Ram 2500 mega cab 4x4 diesel. I supposedly only have a cargo capacity of 1750 pounds not including the rest of me (accounts for 150 of my 270) or my wife and kids. So, after including that and a hitch, I'm probably down to about 1000 pounds of "allowable" cargo.

So, I was wondering if anyone with a Fuzion 325 has validated the hitch weight for this bad boy. The Ram 2500 has a RAWR of 6500, so even with a 9000 lb truck split 5300 to the front and 3700 to the rear, that would only leave 2800 left for hitch weight which to me seems a little risky for this TH.

For those of you with 3/4 ton trucks, do you seem to have a problem pulling this Fuzion 325?
Zettwoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #27
Kirro1000

The hitch weight as given by Keystone appears to be a solid number for the pin.
I've CAT Scaled the trailer numerous times and in different configurations and this is what I've seen:
--Empty trailer ( full propane / full 60 gallons gas / no water ) pin = 2900 lbs
--Bikes in Garage ( full propane / full gas / 25 gallons h2o / 1500 lbs in garage )
Pin = 2700.
--Dry Camping ( full propane / full gas / full h2o / 500lbs in garage ) pin = 3200 lbs.

The 15' Sierra 2500 Dmax pulls it all day long at 65 mph and gets 11.5 - 12 mph. Starts great, stops great. Gonna need bags though.
This all said, ill be getting a DRW in the future. Run the numbers and you'll know why.
Kirro1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #28
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettwoch View Post
We've also been looking at this Fuzion 325 (at Holman), but I'm a little concerned with its massive hitch weight. TV is a Ram 2500 mega cab 4x4 diesel. I supposedly only have a cargo capacity of 1750 pounds not including the rest of me (accounts for 150 of my 270) or my wife and kids. So, after including that and a hitch, I'm probably down to about 1000 pounds of "allowable" cargo.

So, I was wondering if anyone with a Fuzion 325 has validated the hitch weight for this bad boy. The Ram 2500 has a RAWR of 6500, so even with a 9000 lb truck split 5300 to the front and 3700 to the rear, that would only leave 2800 left for hitch weight which to me seems a little risky for this TH.

For those of you with 3/4 ton trucks, do you seem to have a problem pulling this Fuzion 325?
Not sure what you are asking from us
Using your own numbers: available pay load of about 1000 lbs and a good number for the pin weight of these toy haulers is about 3000 lbs. Have 1K and need 3K

Or are you asking how you rank with these other 2500 that are over their GVW pulling these toy haulers?

These toy haulers and 2500's are not a recommended match

Oh By the way Welcome to the Forum from Western PA.

There are numerous posts describing how to lookup and calculated capacities for your TV. You can use the search function to find these posts. There are active posts on this subject also.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #29
gtsum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettwoch View Post

I like the 325 and was really looking hard at the 345 (not much more weight than the 325) and I have a 2014 Ram 3500 SRW with 4074lbs payload...I think with my family of 4 and a loaded rig ready to camp, I would be pushing right up against my payload limit with a 345. I dont see any way you would not be well over your payload rating with that TH and a 2500 truck. It is so close for my 3500, I am likely going with a XLR Thunderbolt as it is about 1k lighter dry weight and a listed pin about 400 less than the 345....
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote