Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Triplespool

Anyone bought from RV Wholesalers

Anyone ?
I just ordered a passport from them a 2015 model. How was your service and the walk around when you picked yours up. Any thoughts on what I might question them about my camper. (I'm new to this) what should I look for on walk around? ?? Any help would be great.

Dave
Triplespool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Go to this forum link, download the Pre-Delivery checklist and it should help guide you through what you need to focus on and it doesn't leave very much (if anything) to chance.....

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
Triplespool

Thank You JRTJH

I must say you all have it covered....
Old 04-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
unyalli

I bought two from them. Got the extended warranty each time and no problem getting it refunded when units sold. Drove 1250 miles from Wyoming and would do it again for the ENORMOUS savings and a good bunch of folks to deal with.

The naysayers will be all over this soon with all sorts of nonsense about buying local.

-Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by unyalli View Post

The naysayers will be all over this soon with all sorts of nonsense about buying local.

-Jeff
Not being a naysayer but, IF you can save yourself a pile of money by purchasing from a reputable, customer-oriented dealership that is not local - then go for it. However, it is possible to buy an RV at a competitive, reasonable price from a local dealer who believes and practices in customer service. In this case, it makes more sense to buy local.

There are advantages to both - buy local or buy elsewhere.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
BobnLee

Im thinking of taking our trailer to Florida and parking it there. We want to sell it and buy an bigger unit there. Can anyone foresee any problems with a Canadian trailer and a Canadian buying an American trailer
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
unyalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnLee View Post
Im thinking of taking our trailer to Florida and parking it there. We want to sell it and buy an bigger unit there. Can anyone foresee any problems with a Canadian trailer and a Canadian buying an American trailer
So are you thinking of buying from rvwholesalers?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #8
f6bits

Don't they offer a delivery service? When I looked, it looked like their delivery fee was about as much as a round trip drive for me.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
unyalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
Don't they offer a delivery service? When I looked, it looked like their delivery fee was about as much as a round trip drive for me.
Oh, well, yes they do. Can't see where they would have any problem working with one of our northern neighbors. Call them.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
Phil76

Quote:

You will pay HST (Ontario) or other taxes in other provinces, if you are bringing back to be registered in Canada. Plus you have 45 days to make it up to csa standards. I think can be done at most canadian tires. There a few other fees involved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Phil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #11
Shogunles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil76 View Post
You will pay HST (Ontario) or other taxes in other provinces, if you are bringing back to be registered in Canada. Plus you have 45 days to make it up to csa standards. I think can be done at most canadian tires. There a few other fees involved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not to get too much off topic here, however, perhaps you can help out a Yankee, planning a camping trip up to Quebec, and Ontario within the next 2 years or so.

What exactly are the differences between US and Canadian TT Standards please?

You can simply direct me to a website explaining this if there are many to list. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #12
BobnLee

Since all the trailers coming to Canada are made in Indiana would they not already be CSA approved or am I not getting it. If they are not, what would it take to CSA the trailer. Another thought If I buy a trailer in the States with the intention of leaving it there, Would there be a problem if I wanted to bring it to Canada for the summer and take it back for the winter?? Me thinks some country is going to grab taxes somewhere along the line
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #13
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunles View Post
Not to get too much off topic here, however, perhaps you can help out a Yankee, planning a camping trip up to Quebec, and Ontario within the next 2 years or so.

What exactly are the differences between US and Canadian TT Standards please?

You can simply direct me to a website explaining this if there are many to list. Thanks for the help.
Shogunles:

You can bring your US-made RV across the border and not worry about any "standards". As long as you are just visiting and/or traveling in Canada, your rig does not have to meet our RV CSA-approved safety requirements.

As far as differences in standards are concerned, I believe the only "difference" is the propane system which, if it hasn't been previously certified as being "safe" within a certain time period, it would have to be re-certified here. But you wouldn't need to be concerned about that since you are not going to be registering or selling it here.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #14
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Since all the trailers coming to Canada are made in Indiana would they not already be CSA approved or am I not getting it. If they are not, what would it take to CSA the trailer. Another thought If I buy a trailer in the States with the intention of leaving it there, Would there be a problem if I wanted to bring it to Canada for the summer and take it back for the winter?? Me thinks some country is going to grab taxes somewhere along the line
BobnLee:
You might want to go to this site: www.frugal-rv-travel.com/Import-an-RV.html

There are several links within this site that will take you to various agencies that are responsible for cross-border purchases of vehicles - including RV's.

There is an interesting section regarding your last question about buying an RV in the US and bringing it back to Canada for the summer. If I read that section correctly, you couldn't do this. I think you would have to bring it back to Canada right after you bought it and register it here. You can't own a vehicle that is registered anywhere in the US and drive or use it in Canada.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #15
Triplespool

Angry TT still on order

Well I must say im not very happy with the things going on to buy this tt. I was told 4 to 6 weeks and we are at 6 weeks and no tt yet.. We have a family trip set to leave on the 9th for 3 weeks and no tt. I will now have to rent a rv to go which will cost me alot of money. I have called rv wholesalers and they are not going to give deposit back.. They want me to pick one off there lot. But they dont have one like the one we ordered.. They are not even going to throw in anything for my trouble and all the money I have to spend to go on this camping trip with the family. I have called keystone and they said it will be the 22nd of this month before its done. All I can say is its out of control. I could put the money im going to be spending for the rental rv on the same tt at a different dealer but once you give rv wholesalers money they keep it no matter what they say for there time frame on getting you the tt you ordered.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #16
unyalli

If you custom order a unit they are at the mercy of the manufacturer they don't build them. They sell so far below regular cost they have no overhead to play with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #17
Triplespool

Quote:
Originally Posted by unyalli View Post
If you custom order a unit they are at the mercy of the manufacturer they don't build them. They sell so far below regular cost they have no overhead to play with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I do understand that they do not manufacturer them. But they should not tell me 4 to 6 weeks. If they would have said 12 weeks we would have found another tt. It seems to me there thinking is I got your money now deal with it.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #18
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplespool View Post
Well I must say im not very happy with the things going on to buy this tt. I was told 4 to 6 weeks and we are at 6 weeks and no tt yet.. We have a family trip set to leave on the 9th for 3 weeks and no tt. I will now have to rent a rv to go which will cost me alot of money. I have called rv wholesalers and they are not going to give deposit back.. They want me to pick one off there lot. But they dont have one like the one we ordered.. They are not even going to throw in anything for my trouble and all the money I have to spend to go on this camping trip with the family. I have called keystone and they said it will be the 22nd of this month before its done. All I can say is its out of control. I could put the money im going to be spending for the rental rv on the same tt at a different dealer but once you give rv wholesalers money they keep it no matter what they say for there time frame on getting you the tt you ordered.
You're in better shape than us. We ordered an Outback Terrain 250TRS on March 27th and dealer said it's "usually" 6 to 8 weeks. Keyword is "usually"! You sure RVW didn't say usually or no guarantee? I spoke with the Keystone Rep and he said it may not be finished until the middle of June. With the delivery issues they are having, who knows when I will get it. I'm not happy but I don't blame the dealer for it. You have to understand this the busiest time of the year for Keystone and it all depends on how many orders are ahead of yours. I have an HTT to camp in but would love use the new one ASAP. My hope is the Rep is giving us worst case scenario and we are surprised when it comes in earlier.
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #19
wayfun

Glad to hear the generally positive impression of RV Wholesalers. We just ordered a Laredo 322RL from them. Saved about $7000 over our local dealer. We're in no hurry. Just need to get it by October to take it to Florida for the winter. Our local dealer gave me the local service story and I asked him what he could do for me when the trailer will be staying in Florida. At least RVW says they have a nationwide service network.

Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:05 AM   #20
rhminva

When I picked up my 2013 2910BH I looked at a couple wholesalers. I ended up going local. The local dealership wouldn't match the price, however they came down enough that it a toss up after factoring the cost of fuel and a single night hotel to go pickup a unit in the midwest. (Driving from Northern VA). My dealer has been great to work with on a couple warranty issues.