Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
AlbertaRvMan

Anderson camper leveler and chokes

Hi,

I just bought a premier 31bhpr... Woo hoooooo!!!

Now I'm slowly getting all the core tools for camping.

A few questions:

1) Anderson camper leveler
- can anyone review this or provide feedback? What's the best leveler, I know lots of people use lynx levelers.

2) best tire choke

My trailer has two axels, the tires are far apart. I'm looking fir the best chokes and also do I need to chock each side of each tire (8 chokes - 2 per tire) or just one side of the rv (4 chokes - 2 per tire OR just 2 chokes - 1 on outer side of each tire.

Thank you.
AlbertaRvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
Kristi

We use 2x6 boards. We had some left over from another project & put a coat of paint on them. When we get tired of lifting them we will probably go with some of the lighter plastic leveling blocks, but until then it works just fine.
As for wheel chocks, heavy duty ones help stop the "wiggle" better then smaller ones, and give us more peace of mind. JMHO.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:50 AM   #3
GaryWT

We use the cheap chocks, should upgrade some day, 2 each side, for what ever reason in front of the rear tire and behind the front tire so the are both between the tires. We do use the lynx levelers, Amazon sells a different brand the is cheaper but works fine, friends have them. We have looked at the X-chocks for the wider set tires but have not gone that route. Certain things my wife needs to do and she was unsure about those.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

We chock the same as Gary, 4 chocks total, two per side between the axles. We do have plastic leveler blocks, but only because we needed to save weight with a previous rig and they got carried over to this rig. If I didn't have them, I'd be using 2x8's cut about 16" to back the trailer onto for leveling purposes. I like the slightly longer 2x8's so the chock can be set on the board. Once you get a couple of boards high, if they aren't long enough, the chock has to be placed on the ground 3" below the chock and won't hold the tire as well. Otherwise, even a piece of firewood kicked between the tires will stop it from rolling, that's pretty much the objective (except for minimizing the rocking inside when walking).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
gwbillett

I've always used 2x8's like most others on this board. I think they offer the most stability for leveling. I have the orange "lego" blocks too from our first camper that the dealer threw in with a beginner package. I usually use those in the winter time when I store the camper b/c they are plastic. The Anderson leveler system looks cool but I would have to see it personally before I would be sold on them. On asphalt or cement sure I think they would work great but on Dirt, Grass, or stone I dunno know...just my 2cents btw.

The X-Chocks work great and I would suggest them or just simple tire chocks