Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
FirstTimeBuyer

Difference between East and West Models

I am looking at getting a new Bullet travel trailer. I live in Washington, but they appear to be considerably cheaper in the East. If you go to build a trailer on the Keystone website they have you choose East or West. I can't seem to find any difference between the models except the West models have a WE and the end of them. Does anyone know if there is any difference between East and West models? Thank you.
FirstTimeBuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. The question you asked has been discussed just recently. Here's the thread where you can read some of the differences:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15498

If you look at the floorplans, there are many that are the same between the west and east models, however there are some pretty significant differences in some models. The Cougar fifth wheel 27RKS and the 279RKSWE are two that are significantly different. The WE has only one rocker, the pantry is in a different location and there's a countertop across the entire back of the RV. The eastern model has two rockers, the pantry is in the roadside rear corner and the stove is on the rear wall. The bathroom hallway is in a different location however the bedrooms are nearly the same. The holding tank capacities are also significantly different.

It takes a comparative eye, some time and effort to decipher the subtle differences, but there can be only a few things changed or the trailers may not even look the same.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
FirstTimeBuyer

Thank you for the response. I am looking at the Bullet 272BHS. There doesn't appear to be much of a difference between the two. The question I have then is the BHS has a sofa, and the BHSWE has a hide-a-bed. Does that mean the BHS couch doesn't fold out?
FirstTimeBuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #4
Western Traveler

Larger tanks on the WE Half Ton Series was a big plus for us for dry camping. I have heard others say the front cap on the eastern addition gets in the way of a few mods but I like the looks of it myself.

2014 Cougar 21RBSWE "The Sugar Shack"
2006 F250 Super duty "Buttercup"
King Ranch Crew
6.0L Diesel
Bulletproofed
Reese Straight-line Dual cam WDH
Me and My Bride
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
BirchyBoy

In a somewhat related question, is MSRP for each unit standardized across the East/West regions, nationwide or not at all? I'm asking because my dealer shows the MSRP for my unit as 26,839. When I called a dealer in OH, they said that my dealer had inflated the MSRP. The only difference between the two dealers should be the delivery charge from Keystone to the dealer.

I'm paying considerably less than MSRP (17,250 including new WD hitch and brake controller). CO registration fees are based on MSRP, not what is actually paid
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

I have walked into RV's at several dealerships recently. The MSRP on the same model at 4 different dealerships was different on all 4. While there "may be" a Keystone MSRP, I've not seen anything that is "permanently attached (not easily removed) on an RV "ever".... There has never been a "window sticker" similar to any automotive sticker. They all seem to be either a piece of paper, typed with a few options and prices by each, and laminated/hung from a cabinet door or put under a piece of plastic and taped to a countertop.

So, to answer your question: Is the MSRP standardized? The answer is "NOPE" it differs from dealer to dealer, region to region, state to state and "availability vs demand".... Realistically, talk to the dealer that has the "low MSRP" that told you the other was inflated, get his bottom line price with everything calculated in. Then go to the "high MSRP dealer" and do the same. My guess is that you'll see the prices are very close.

Some dealerships will inflate the MSRP and then give you $10K off while other dealers will inflate the MSRP "a little" and only give you $5K off. The real objective is what you end up paying "out the door" so figure your deals from the bottom line, not the MSRP.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Some dealerships will inflate the MSRP and then give you $10K off while other dealers will inflate the MSRP "a little" and only give you $5K off. The real objective is what you end up paying "out the door" so figure your deals from the bottom line, not the MSRP.
Thanks. That's the conundrum I'm faced with. I'll be paying registration fees on the MSRP, not the amount paid. Pretty sucky if I'm paying fees on an artificially inflated "sticker" price.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote