Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
canesfan

Model # Change ? Raptor 300MP to RP300

We ordered and bought a 2014 Raptor 300MP according to ALL the paperwork. I just noticed on the sidewall by the door where they usually put the model number it is a RP300, not a 300MP.

I called the dealer and asked, they called back and said it is a change in that the MP stood for Mid Profile and the RP stands for Raised Profile and that there is 6" more headroom in the RP than the MP, everything else is the same (which is true).

They told me to look at the roofline at the front, that the MP went down about 6" and the RP is straight across. Yes, mine is straight across but all the MP's I see online are too.

I guess I can call Keystone and ask, I just don't want any issues down the road re insurance or trade-in etc when paperwork says one thing and trailer says another.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Bombfixer

It is not the model number that really matters in the grand scheme of things. It is the VIN. As long as the VIN on the unit matches the VIN on the paperwork you are good to go. The numbers and letters on the VIN identify what exactly was used in the creation of the unit.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
canesfan

Hmm, didn't think about it that way, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

The sticker on the side of my Cougar says 290EPS, the paperwork says 290RKS. The vins match ... no problems. It seems Keystone changed many model names half way through '07 but continued to use up '06 stickers. It is the only decal on the trailer that has not started to peel.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
canesfan

Lol, yeah, I know the RV industry too well so I shouldn't be surprised about it, along with how they change things every other week "without notice". I'll triple check the VIN when it warms up a little.

As for the stickers, mine aren't peeling yet, after 2 weeks.

Followup, I noticed the big white sticker on the frame, from Lippert, has it as a RP300MP, so I guess all bases are covered.