Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Thomas Schulmeyer

Front power lift

2004 Challenge has been in storage awhile can I run front lift jacks while I'm plugged into my truck so I can hook it up,my battery is almost dead. Also what is the best lubrication to use on slide outs.
Thomas Schulmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
slewis1694

Using truck battery & slide out lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Schulmeyer View Post
2004 Challenge has been in storage awhile can I run front lift jacks while I'm plugged into my truck so I can hook it up,my battery is almost dead. Also what is the best lubrication to use on slide outs.
Yes, you can plug the trailer into your truck to use the truck's battery(s) to raise or lower the front jacks. However, while doing so, I would keep the truck running so your truck battery doesn't go dead. My truck is equipped with dual batteries so it isn't much of of issue with me, but of course it depends upon how much you are running the jacks to lift or lower the trailer.

A dry lube is best for the slide outs as it will not collect dust and dirt.
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers, Trailair Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box, Curt 20K Slider Hitch, Firestone Dual Air Ride System with Load Lifter Air Bags, Tri-Metric Battery Monitor System, Power Max PM4B-75 Boondocker Converter/Charger, Replaced 2-12volt batteries to 2-6V Trojan T106 batteries, replaced all 921 light bulbs with LED's.
slewis1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Thomas Schulmeyer

Thanks

Going to storage in morning will plug in 5th wheel to truck I need to pull it out to change tire no room on side of trailer I'm kinda new at this found this site alot of good tips
Thomas Schulmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote