Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Oldsoul1

Smile New here!

Hello all!
We just bought a 2014 Laredo 240 MK. We pick it up next week. Does anyone know if the dinette can be removed to put in two recliners and a small table between them instead. We are empty nesters and don't really need the dinette, we'd rather have recliners and use TV trays if we need to eat inside. Is that something they have to do in production or can it be done later. And how do they get furniture through those small doors? Are they put in before the unit gets enclosed? Thanks ahead of time.
Oldsoul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Oldsoul1,

Welcome to the forum.

Most installed booth type dinettes are simply screwed to the interior and can be easily removed. You will have several screwholes to deal with and possibly an exterior access door to "camoflage" in the process.

As for getting furniture into the camper, most of what's inside will fit through the door. ALthough some of it (refrigerator, mattress, etc) just barely fit and/or are hard to move around once they are inside.

Most recliners are shipped in two pieces, the base assembly and the back. If you take your recliners apart, they S H O U L D fit through the door. Of course oversized or overstuffed furniture will probably not fit.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Oldsoul1

WOW! You've been doing this a long time! I'm impressed! Thanks for the info.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Hmmmm methinks you just called me "old" <sigh>

In an earlier post today we were talking about watching the test patterns on the old Sylvania green&white TV's.... so yup, I guess I am "old" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Hmmmm methinks you just called me "old" <sigh>
Nah, not old.... experienced!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
Nah, not old.... experienced!
I didn't know "experience" causes arthritis and creaking joints..... Hmmmmm

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
Oldsoul1

Oh! no! I didn't mean you were old I just looked at the many campers you've had. I'm only on my second. Tee Hee!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

So you think the "tee hee" will get you a break ???? Hmmmmmm

Just kidding

Yes, we've been doing this since about 1969 when we first camped in a popup that we borrowed from my DW's aunt and uncle. That planted the seed and we've been doing this since then in one form of RV or another.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #9
Kristi

JRTJH- And us newbies are grateful for all the knowledge you continue to share with us!

Oldsoul- there are a few places online that sell RV furniture, or you may check with your dealer on ordering options & pricing. Google RV furniture & there are several hits. Good luck!

We were looking at replacing the scissor couch in our passport for something more comfy, but have decided to wait a bit on that.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

If you find any "too good to pass up" websites offering RV furniture at reasonable prices, let any of the moderators know and we can add the websites to our RV parts and supplies "sticky" so other members can access them.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
Oldsoul1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
So you think the "tee hee" will get you a break ???? Hmmmmmm

Just kidding

Yes, we've been doing this since about 1969 when we first camped in a popup that we borrowed from my DW's aunt and uncle. That planted the seed and we've been doing this since then in one form of RV or another.....
Sorry, I've been away. Not to make you feel old but I just can't resist saying that when you started camping in 1969.......I was only 4 years old! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. But alas....... I am a Grandmother of 2 now and the gray hair is just starting to show up, but I am still a child of the 60's and 70's only to this day, listening to songs like "The night Chicago died" "signs" "Which way you goin' Billy" "Sooner or later"
Well, we brought the new camper home on Monday and I absolutely hate the dinette but the rest of the camper is perfect in every way. I took all of the cushions off and removed the wood from the benches. I counted 20 screws total in the floor and 5 screws total in the walls of the slide. There is nothing in the way of removing the benches as far as mechanics, storage, or water containers. It looks easy enough to remove but I worry about how to plug up all of the holes. I would take it to where we bought it but I don't know if any place will be honest in patching things up properly. We'd rather do it ourselves so we know it was actually done......and done right. We wonder about how to plug up the holes. Our Son was a carpenter so we will have him look at it first before we do damage we're not prepared for.