Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
DK Henry

Talking Connecting 3 TV's to Satellite

Man your all over the World! You guys will enjoy your new camper. Be sure and keep us up with your travels.
DK Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Skeeter812

DK
There is a lot of travel involved in this job. Sadly to say, most of it is sitting on an air plane. We have worked in eight different countries in the past 5 years.
Have you connected a satellite tv system to your rig yet? I have a Wineguard Carryabout and a direct tv combination in my Blue Ridge but once I get the new unit home I would like to figure out some way to connect all three tv's to the satellite. Any ideas or suggestions?
Do you have an photos of the wiring arrangement on your entertainment center?
Skeeter812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
therink

I have two TVs connected to my satellite using TT he factory coax wiring. One cable from dish goes to main TV via the outside satellite prep connection. The second cable from dish feeds TV #2 via the 2nd outside park cable connection. I modified the 2nd outside park cable connection so this now runs direct feed to the second TV by bypassing the antenna amp circuit.
If you remove the Winegard antenna/booster plate from the wall/ceiling (wherever yours is) you should find a couple of coax splitters and a bees nest of cables hanging loosely inside the wall/ceiling cavity. It is here where you can modify the cables. I was able to identify the "park cable" feed from outside connection. I removed this cable from the back of the Winegard booster and connected it directly the the cable that sends signal to my second TV. This has worked well for me. I suppose I could run a third cable to a third TV, but would just need to be creative.
Another option is to switch to a SWM setup, where as you would have to install a DirecTV 110v powered switch and splitter. This set up would only require one cable from the dish.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
DK Henry

I had a Jack Digital HDTV Antenna installed at the factory. It works great! We have thought about getting set up with Satellite TV put we have never pulled the trigger. It seems like during the day time we are out doing something and in the evening we all around a fire or smoker talking. Now the kids are out of the house that might change a little. We also have a young Granddaughter so I am going to refer to you for the Satellite up grade. Our son will love it he has wanted us to forever. We don't miss to many games as it is but he is worried we will. The DW thinks we might need it for the Granddaughter!!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Skeeter812

therink, I plan on getting a coax tester as soon as I get home. Hopefully that and a few jumpers and splitters will do the job. It would be nice to watch SEC football on the outside on a cool fall afternoon.
DK, We opted for the Winegard Carrybout. This has to be about the easiest system I have ever seen. All you have to do is find a good location for the dish, connect the coax and 12v power supply and in under 2 minutes you are watching the big game. The wife and grand daughter absolutely loves it
Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
DK Henry

We do like our SEC sports! I am going to start looking into it this fall. Hope to get the house changed at the same time. Lots of games to watch during the Christmas camping trip. We stay in Fl. for about two weeks and it will be nice to watch the games outside at the camper.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Robby9

Connecting 3 TV's to Satellite

Is your rig pre-wired like in this thread? If so, I had three tv's showing directv all at once last weekend.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?p=85550
Robby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
Skeeter812

Robby,
I take delivery of the new 3750FL on the 11th. Hopefully after I get it home I will be able to make the necessary adjustments and have satellite on all three tv's.
In all of my interweb surfing, I did run across a wiring schematic for the 2010 Keystone models. If the schematic is correct, it should be a piece of cake. I'm going to pick up a coax tester to help simplify the task.
Thanks for the link. It pretty much mirrors what I see in the Keystone schematic.