Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
NOVA 3108RE Owner

Hookup for second TV in bedroom

I did a Search but did not see this issue addressed directly. My 2013 3180RE TT came with a second coax jack and 110 outlet in the bedroom for hooking up a second TV. I have mounted a new flat panel Samsung but cannot get any channels on the TV. Right now I am using the antenna to test it.

The other primary TV that came with the RV (Jensen) works fine and receives about a half dozen stations clearly through the antenna. I even disconnected the Jensen and hooked up the Samsung to the primary location to see if there might be a problem in the line to the bedroom. Same result - no reception. I verified that the Samsung is working fine when hooked to my Satelite in the house.

My question is. Is there something special that needs to be done to the Samsung to make it receive a signal from the antenna in the RV?

Thanks.
NOVA 3108RE Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Javi

Try checking the cable/antenna switch in the setup menu...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

As Javi has suggested, you will probably need to take the Samsung and run it through a setup procedure that will enable it to receive signals from your antenna, cable or some other source. While each TV has a slightly different routine, mine starts off by pressing the Source button, select Tuner, Menu and then Setup.

From here, there are other steps to be followed before the setup is complete but your Samsung is a different brand than ours.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

On your Samsung remote select MENU ... scroll down to the picture of a sat. dish and select AIR and you should be all set to auto program or find stations manually. Hope this helps, Hank ....... The booster on the main tv console has to be on also.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
GaryWT

I go to each tv when we hook up at a new place and run set up. Pick air or cable and run the search. This is the only way I find things work. When you hooked up in the house you most likely go through a box but in the trailer it is the tv it self that needs to be set up.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
NOVA 3108RE Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
On your Samsung remote select MENU ... scroll down to the picture of a sat. dish and select AIR and you should be all set to auto program or find stations manually. Hope this helps, Hank ....... The booster on the main tv console has to be on also.
I actually did the setup. No reception. There isn't anything I need for the TV is there such as a converter for Analog to Digital?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA 3108RE Owner View Post
I actually did the setup. No reception. There isn't anything I need for the TV is there such as a converter for Analog to Digital?
http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/...&modelname=%23
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

If your tv was manufactured before 2009 it may be analog and needs a converter. If after 2009 it has a digital tuner. If you are entering channels manually you must include the - or . with the #. Such as 2.1 or 2-1 depending on your remote .... this is for digital channels since there are very few analogs left. If you have set it up correctly (to receive OTA AIR signals) and did a COMPLETE auto scan and it still does not work, follow the link that Javi gave for Samsung.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
NOVA 3108RE Owner

Found the problem. Tiny little print on the back shows a manufacture date of June 2006.

My wife bought the TV at a small local store. Obviously they had it around a while. I called them up and they said they will take it back.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
wpolderman

We had the same problem and we found that the wiring to the booster in the bedroom wasn't correct. We ended up getting to the back of the booster where the wires connected it and connected directly to one of those cables. I think it was the one on the right and it worked o-k. That was after 3 days of trying to solve the problem. Good luck with it.
wpolderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
NOVA 3108RE Owner

I bought a new 22 inch TV at Costco and installed it. Works great. I never thought I would want a TV in the bedroom.

Went camping last week at Pirateland. Used the bedroom TV quite a bit. Its nice to have and a perfect angle when laying in bed.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
rjdjaj

Bedroom TV

I just picked up a Passport 3180RE two weeks ago. The TV in the entertainment center worked fine. Today I installed a TV in the bedroom. Now I can't use them both at the same time. When I turn on the bedroom TV the other loses signal. Any suggestions?
rjdjaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
NOVA 3108RE Owner

Check the wiring for the cable box behind the main TV to see it looks right.