Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
davidjsimons

How lucky can one guy be?

I was planning a trip to Gettysburg, Pa. in a couple of weeks, when a symposium for my occupational industry was brought to my attention in Lancaster. Much to my surprise, my firm was slated as one of the groups giving a presentation for the event. It would have been nice if they would have asked first, but it is what it is. So now a surprise trip is taking me to Gettysburg on my way back home. Based on recommendations from those among this group, I made my reservations for Granite Hill in Gettysburg. The symposium is at The Lancaster Host Resort. I managed to find a campground pretty much right across the road from the event at the Old Mill Stream Campground. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about this particular place? My wife has also been wanting very badly to go to the Sight and Sound Theatre, which coincidently, is also right down the road. Like the fellow once said, ain't that a kick in the head!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
f6bits

Gobs of stellar ratings at RVParkReview.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions....html#CGID2450

Since you have kids, you can use them as an excuse to visit Dutch Wonderland next door.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
chris199

I have not stayed at that CG but it is right on the main drag thru the Lancaster amusement/shopping areas. If you are going to stay in Lancaster area, White Oak campground is very nice.....esp site 132. Other good sites are along the tree line with a view of the countryside and the road out front. If you get that site.....you are about 150 yards from the road and you can sit out and see the beautiful countryside and watch the Amish roll by in their horse/buggies. If you stay at White Oak on other sites other than 132 or the sites lower..along the tree line to see the countryside and the horse/buggies.....it is just another campground IMHO.

White Oak is very convenient to Sight and Sound. If rain is in the area it tends to skirt by White Oak,....they are at virtually the highest point near Lancaster.....maybe that is the reason.

While kids, I'm sure, would find stuff to do...you may not find it great for them at White Oak.....no pool.....small playground area. I have seen kids there...they seem to really enjoy themselves w/out the "amusements".

No matter where you camp, be sure to visit the square in the center of Strasburg and get some ice cream at the old store there. They make it themselves....many flavors....quaint store. From route 30...head toward Sight and Sound on route 896......until you hit the intersection with route 741.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

When we stay in the Lancaster area we stay at Spring Gulch. If you have kids of any and all ages they have activities to keep them entertained. I don't remember the name but they also have a sister CG in the same area if they are booked. If you choose a site on top of the hill, be prepared to test your TV's capabilities. It seems as if that hill goes on for ever.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote