Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
Quiroule

Question Possible holding tanks problem??

Coming out of the campground, there was a steep hill, when I climbed it a large amount of water came out from the back of the FW.

I noticed that once before, but a small amount and I put it down as being cause by the rain. Now I realise that it does not do that after being parked for a long period, even after rain.

I wonder if that could be a gray water tank problem, but I know nothing about holding tanks. How are they joined to the plumbing system? Do they have vent if so, while camping I notice that the kitchen tanks was showing full could it have overflowed from the vent?

I am puzzled?

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Ron

All your holding tanks should be vented out through the roof and all the connections on the waste side should also be glued solid there for no gray or black water should come from the tanks except from draining them. Maybe the water you are seeing is the water holding tanks is full and it is comming out the vent, that happened to me on my horse trailer w/living quarters, every time I turned a corner to the right with a full tank of water, it would come out the vent, the fill for the tank is on the left side of the trailer. Hope this helps. Happy Campin...........Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Quiroule

Thanks Ron,

Your infos are certainly helpful. It really came out from under the FW, the whole with of it. I could see the water on the dry pavement as I turned. I don't carry fresh water so it has to be somthing else.

I will remove the corplast and have a look.

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
Bryishre

Not to hijack your thread I had the same problem. As we were on vacation on Friday wife and i hear a pop then a waterfall of water came from out the chloroplast. For what tools i had i found out that under the shower area in my camper next to the frame pass side the cross member weld had broke and the t connector had came apart letting the hot water out. Just got back today .Could get the hose back on but it would not hold pressure. going to take it to the dealer and see how much they are going to try to lighten my wallet to fix the prob. I have a 2012 Laredo 303tg just 3 months out of warranty
Bryishre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Quiroule

That’s it!!!

Removed part of the coroplast and had a look, the front gray water tank has a crack close to the flushing connexion.

Out for repair. The repair man said that chances were slim that it could be repaired, will probably have to change it.

I don’t know much this is going to set me back. After my wheel alignment problem, that’s quite a month.

2018 Ford F150 XLT