Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
wifi_guy

2018 Fuzion Entry Doors. (Front and garage entry door)

Both our doors just don’t shut well. You have to press hard near the latch in order for them to latch or if you are our kids, you need to slam them.

They are both rubbing in the upper corner of the latch side of the door.

Is there a way to adjust the door position in the opening so they close a little better?
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
AbHDToyHauler

To me sounds like the unit is not level? Things can twist when not level. From your description i am envisioning a tight or no gap situation at the top of door and gradually widening gap as you look down the door ?
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHDToyHauler View Post
To me sounds like the unit is not level? Things can twist when not level. From your description i am envisioning a tight or no gap situation at the top of door and gradually widening gap as you look down the door ?
No that’s not the issue.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Try using a dry lube. Open the door, then using either the outside or inside lever, pull it so the bolt retracts. Once retracted, spray the opening with dry lube. Work the bolt a few times and try again.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
wifi_guy

Are you referring to the latch on the handle that keeps the door closed?
Old 08-09-2018, 01:59 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

He was referring to the actual door latch/lock mechanism. I had a problem with my 2002 Cougar having a latch mechanism that had to be constantly lubed and I just changed it out. The new one latches easily. I think your problem requires adjustment of the door frame which is a different matter. I owned a Sunnybrook trailer and was a member of the Winny group at the time (Sunnybrook got eaten by Winnebago). Take a look at the attached pdf file and perhaps you can figure out what might need to be done to keep your door from rubbing the frame.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2003-02 Entry Door Adjustment.pdf (137.6 KB, 285 views)
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:01 AM   #7
K_N_L

Good info in the pdf! On our 2017, the main door slowly got harder to close as well, no issues on the garage door. On the main door there 2 spots the black paint was wearing off- on top hinge and on the drip cap opposite from the hinge. Good lubing of the hinge made it easier to close, a wooden block and a few light taps added clearance on the drip cap over the door. Trailer leveling can definitely play big factor and I see the door gap is tighter at the top than at the bottom so I may need to do some more adjusting.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion