Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
kinggartk

Fibergalss Siding

How durable would you say the Laminated Fiberglass Siding on the Bullets is? How often do you guys wax your sides?

2018 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 2510BH
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost Super Cab
kinggartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
travelin texans

However durable it has to be 250% better than the aluminum. I towed my sons last little aluminum sided trailer a couple years ago & the sides appeared to be breathing in/out while going down the highway. I don't have the Bullett & mine is painted & typically waxed once or twice a year.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
mfifield01

I have been protecting mine with 303 every 6 months. That seems to be doing well on the sides. The frontal area of trailer has been getting some oxidation, but that could depend on your location and storage. The front of mine is in storage facing the Texas sun. I did buff out most of the oxidation and am trying a 3 month interval for front.

A true wax can break down depending on the surface temps.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
rogeru

I've found that good old NuFinish in the orange bottle does a great job of not only polishing, but taking off residue, bugs, bird crap, etc... That said, I use a "dri wash" product for quick and often cleaning and polishing maintenance, (especially when in Florida). The best I've found is a product named: " Dri Wash- n- Guard Classic". The company is DWG International in Las Vegas, NV. Website: www.dwginternational.com. Very impressive stuff, but costs about $1 per ounce. (64 oz. size is $65.00) That's still a lot cheaper than having a pro crew clean and wax your trailer. Great when you don't have access to washing with water, too. I do my 2015 34 ft. Keystone Sprinter 302RLS about once a month with it during the season.
rogeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
gearhead

It will definitely oxidize. South side, sunny side, of mine ain't very pretty. Wife says I'm the only one that would notice.
Get something on it and stay ahead of it.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
Corncob

303 for me. Sidewalls and decals. Wax fiberglass painted cap twice a year. We also use the Gel-Gloss to wash (with carnuba) once a month during the summer. So far so good!
Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
Lee

Hi,

I use 303 also.... spray it on both sides and the front/back then buff to shine with an electric buffer.

I also use it on the roof,.... in fact I use it on almost everything... slide seals, door seals (all of them, entry, storage) tires, LP tank cover, spare tire cover.

I should buy stock in the company as much 303 as I go through

Do this at least twice a year.

Lee

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote