Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Rick

Pinezanita RV Campground near Julian, CA

Just returned from camping at Pinezanita RV Campground near Julian, CA and am writing this review. We were looking for a place to camp in the mountains, and after looking and reading online about other RV parks in the area, decided on this one.
We'd read that there were many "permanent" residents (not that that's a bad thing). We reserved site 112 (Mon-Thur) as we'd read that the sites in this area are the best . Drove in and after getting our camping pass, went to our spot. Yes, there are quite a few permanent residents, but this was the nicest RV park I'd ever stayed at. I'd say there's 80% permanent, 5% storage (where all you're allowed is to visit your RV once or twice a month) and the rest for short term campers. All the sites were clean and well kept. There's pea gravel on all the dirt, and all the sites were almost level. One day we saw groundskeepers raking up the leaves!
Our site had water and 30A service and that's all we needed. Sewer is available, but you'd by placed by the people who live there. We just dumped on our way out.
There's nothing in the way of activities at the park. They say they have a fishing pond, but unfortunately because of the CA drought (as of 7/16), it's now just a mudhole. No pool, rec room, kids area, nothing. It is very quiet in the evening. We were the only ones outside with a fire. There were more than expected flies and biting bugs, but it could've been the time of year or that they liked me more than they liked my wife. Nothing a little bug repellent couldn't take care of.
We used this park as a staging area so we could do some sightseeing. We first went to Julian. It's a quaint little town, but as we're now finding out with other places, most of the stores were closed as they rely more on weekend business. Most stores were open when we pulled out on Thursday, but not all.
We'd come back again. I'd suggest any of the even numbered sites, 96-120. They're all wide and some are really deep.
Two thumbs up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pine1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	10848   Click image for larger version

Name:	pine2.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	10856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinezanita.jpg