Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Wow, what an ordeal. Glad you got it fixed without destroying anything. I would bet that little screen removal tab can be bought cheap enough at any RV parts outlet.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #22
PaulDeb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Well if it is an fic loc. we locked ours and could not unlock had my little. One slide through the bathroom door to go over to bedroom exit and open the emerency window. Called FIC fasttec industries because the lock was on recall. Got it for free. Check into that also
Thank you! Our lock was on the recall and I have requested a replacement cylinder.
2011 Bullet 294BHS
2013 Suburban 4WD 1500 LTZ
PaulDeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #23
robo

Well you are part of the recall does your deadbolt work. If not then ask them to send you lock assy i had to
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:47 PM   #24
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDeb2 View Post
Thank you to so many of you that were helpful! Indeed the deadbolt had moved over to keep the door locked and No, there was no one inside.

We sent our daughter in through the laundry chute. She removed the black plate (inside handle), but could not figure out how to slide the deadbolt back. My husband climbed in through the rear emergency window. (Unfortunately, the plastic screen removal handle was broken while trying to remove the screen to open the window. Looked like it had rotted from the heat.) He slid the deadbolt back and opened the door.

We spent quite a bit of time repairing the inside mechanism of the door. There is a tiny metal bar that connects the deadbolt lock to the deadbolt. That had fallen off, which allowed the the bolt to slide out and lock the door.

It took 3 of us to hold pieces and screw screws and fit parts together. But it now works!

again to those who helped and tried to help.
Again same thing here, I forgot to mention, I ended up putting lock tight on the screws that hold the plate that holds the deadbolt linkage in place so the same thing would not happen again...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote