Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
DaveK

Truck owner consumers beware

On July 8, 2015, I ordered the DEI-2550 Firestone Airbag Kit from SDTruckSprings.com for my 2010 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW truck. I also ordered an air compressor to use for inflation of these airbags via wireless remote. The total order cost was $630.00 (Six Hundred Thirty Dollars.)

The shipment was delivered by UPS on July 13, 2015.

I am 59 years old, have had ten heart surgeries, including tripple bypass. I asked a neighbor who is a mechanic and United States Navy Submariner if he would assist me with installing the airbags and compressor.

Today, July 17, 2015 was the first day my neighbor had off to assist. As with most expensive items I order on line, I video taped opening the boxes in the event there was any damage or other issues with the order.

Please view the videos at the links below.

What I received was a returned and repackaged kit, and we do not even know if it has all of the parts. The two videos show my neighbor and I opening the boxes, which proves that the kit that SDTruckSprings.com sent was obviously previously sold, returned and re-packaged. Arguably, SDTruckSprings.com knowingly and deliberately engaged in interstate perpetration of fraud.

I spoke with SDTruckSprings.com customer service and advised them that the product I received was obviously a return and repackaged kit and they appear to have been previously installed on another truck. After the expected denial, I told the customer service agent that I video taped opening the boxes.

The answer I received from SDTruckSprings.com customer service was, [paraphrased] ‘Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

The video(s) speaks for themself.

SDTruckSprings.com contact information is:

SD Truck Springs
14C Union Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Toll Free - (877) 774-6473
Telephone - (631) 588-8777
Fax - (800) 485-7534
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com
[email protected]

Video 1 of 2 - https://youtu.be/_ReyS-tcoeY

Video 2 of 2 - https://youtu.be/QMTyQU66wbQ
Old 07-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
dcg9381

DaveK,
I've heard a lot of good things about SDTruckSprings. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad consumer experience, especially after serving your country and your health problems.

You're clearly dealing with someone in a customer service role who doesn't understand your expectations and probably shouldn't be in a customer service roll.

Take heart in this:
My guess is that you paid with a credit card. You've done the company a service by informing them about the condition of what you received, which is something that you didn't have to do. Paying with a credit card puts you in a substantial position of recourse as a consumer and if you're fed up with poor customer service then you can be done. Simply charge it back as "didn't get what you paid for" - provide your documentation and the vendor can decide how they want to proceed.

Please, don't get upset about it. Just exercise your rights as a consumer and don't let these guys provide you a second of additional stress.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:26 PM   #3
Steve S

I just read this and if you have video of this being used and just repackaged then it's a really bad way for this company to operate!
You paid for new and they better well send you new ASAP with a great apology!
Man do I ever hate reading stories like this!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
PerryB

I agree that this is almost certainly a poorly repackaged return. Most likely not even repackaged, but just shoved back on the shelf. Had SD done a full parts inventory, proper re-pack and disclosure - and maybe a bit of a discount, this would probably be a non-issue.
Now on the other side of the coin, you seem to be looking for things to be upset about. Are you really so suspicious that you video the opening of all your mail order deliveries? Certainly documenting the issue upon discovery would be in order but filming the entire process seems unusual to say the least.
In your post you use the term "expected" denial. Then you toss out that little nugget about them knowingly participating in interstate fraud. Do you have any tangible proof ? I think you called them with a big fat chip on your shoulder and made the guy mad so he hung up on you. If you go into a situation with a bad attitude, your likely to encounter the same in your respondents. What I would have done is inventory the kit before having a conniption. If all the hardware were present I would just keep the thing, install it, and get on with life. The scratched brackets would not be an issue for me. You're going to scratch them putting them in. The crud on the air chambers is normal, I think its some type of protective coating and all mine have come with it. If I REALLY felt slighted I would call call SD and politely discuss a reasonable rebate for the non-virgin shipment. This would entail a LOT less effort, time and unpleasantness than the nonsense you chose to partake in.
I've bought 3 airbag kits from SD over the years and they have always been friendly and helpful. I once damaged an air fill fitting upon installation and when I called to purchase a replacement they sent me a pair at no cost. I think you handled the situation poorly.

P.S. -- Why did you feel it necessary to preface the situation with your health history ?
Old 07-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Javi

It does look as if it were shipped and returned, happens all the time in the auto parts industry. Doesn't mean the parts are used or worn, just that someone purchased it and returned it. It was then re-stocked, and re-sold.

As for the power-coating being nicked and some of the parts being dinged and scratched... good luck with that one.. The box will come just like that from Firestone. The parts are nested together and will rub during shipment..

Yes the box has been opened and yes the parts bag was opened but I'll bet no one at SD Springs knew that..

If I'd have gotten those parts in that condition I'd have checked to see if all the hardware was there and gone on to install them... Oh... and what I saw on the bags is from the mold release agent and rubber.. The next set you get will look pretty much the same.

Both sets of mine did except for the open hardware bag..
Old 07-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
It does look as if it were shipped and returned, happens all the time in the auto parts industry. Doesn't mean the parts are used or worn, just that someone purchased it and returned it. It was then re-stocked, and re-sold.

As for the power-coating being nicked and some of the parts being dinged and scratched... good luck with that one.. The box will come just like that from Firestone. The parts are nested together and will rub during shipment..

Yes the box has been opened and yes the parts bag was opened but I'll bet no one at SD Springs knew that..

If I'd have gotten those parts in that condition I'd have checked to see if all the hardware was there and gone on to install them... Oh... and what I saw on the bags is from the mold release agent and rubber.. The next set you get will look pretty much the same.

Both sets of mine did except for the open hardware bag..
X2 to that!!
As long as all the parts are these what does it matter? If missing part then contact the vendor to get replacements.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
Old 07-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
notanlines

Dave, you probably haven't gotten the responses you were expecting here. Let's start with "I video taped opening the boxes." I simply cannot imagine any average individual videotaping the opening of a box that was delivered by UPS or whoever. Secondly, what would you do with the video? I'm trying not to be too harsh here, but you seem to come across as sort of borderline OCD.
Just send the thing back, get your refund minus the shipping and buy from what you might refer to as a more reputable dealer.....try Amazon.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 07-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
cospilot

I've had nothing but positive experiences with ad truck springs. I ordered a similar kit and installed it on my 2014 Sierra. I've since upgraded to a 2015 Sierra and removed, reinstalled on the new truck and they still work great.
I don't know why you felt it necessary to talk about your own personal problems other than to get sympathy.
If you've cheated death this many times perhaps it's not a good idea to be behind the wheel anymore either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #9
KanTC

Some replies have become personal, and no longer in reference to products from "SDTruckSprings"... as a result this thread is now closed!

Members please review the User Conduct Policy
http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=367

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
Closed Thread