Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
DEW

Hitching Problem-battery box in way

Great, I would appreciate the picture for future reference if I need to go that route. Right now I will stick with what I have, but want to have the option to go to the HP Dual Cam if needed

I questioned my dealer and did get an email back from them clarifying that because of the new end cap, the battery location moved. This is what was causing the reason for not being able to set up the HP Dual Cam.
Seems like you have the same story....
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Laredo291OH

I have a 291TG with the new front cap and have installed the dual cam. I own a weld/fab shop but didn't want to move the battery box. I don't think you could move the battery box forward, you would have to move it up higher. I just modified the mounts for the dual cam. You can mount the dual cams backwards (swap right to left as shown in the instructions) this gets you most of the way, then I just cut away part of the mounting bracket to clear the battery. The part that I cut away is the inside leg that has the tapped hole for the jack bolt to hold the mount to the frame until you get the self tapping bolts installed. I only cut away about 1" of the leg leaving the tapped hole and the jack bolt installed. I'll try to get some pictures posted.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote