Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
jeff-14

Generator battery

I want charge my battery while it is in my generator, it is diffecult to remove the battery. Is it possible for me to solder two additional wires to the positive and negative posts. Then attach those wires to bolts and extend them through the side of the generator so I can keep the battery charged.
jeff-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Bushman512000

Battery Charge

You may find out more information if You give more as in ...make /model/age may help also... I have a Honda 3000 and never have a dead battery are Your posts clean ?is your battery old? have dead cells? I have a friend with a 3000 made by a China or Korean company name of not sure was Yellow in colour it was 1 year old the battery was toast and He was having trouble with that unit from day one My Honda battery gave up last year! But was about 7years old so have Your battery checked may be a new one will fix Your problem My battery was $42.00 bought in a Car Quest Store in Mississippi and I had started the gen. last night after a oil change lots of hours on it I use it a lot ..Good luck with Yours Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
trucker LOU

gen batt

Hey Jeff, as a preventive measure I use a Battery Tender Jr. to maintain my gen batt.It comes with a polarized pig tail and plug.avail at amazon and other places.----Lou----
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #4
jtyphoid

+1 on the battery tender jr. You can leave the pigtail attached to your battery and hanging out of the side of your genset for easy hook up and disconnect.
jtyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote