Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
Northofu1

Latest trip

Hey folks,
A much planned trip to Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and West Virginia, all of it went in the crapper due to a broken spring. 10 days in the Dayton area, 5 of which were at a Walmart, the other 5 were at Poor Farmer's Campground (shudder) in Piqua. Etrailer sent wrong parts, had to send them back, AAA took two days to tow it to Poor Farmers. All of it in some pretty humid hot weather and not much to do in that area.
There were a few things that I am thankful for.
1) The manager at the Walmart in Dayton (Beavercreek) allowed us to keep trailer there while trying to fix problem, they don't allow trailers at that location.
They were really good to us and checked in on us daily.
2) The US Air force Museum was awesome. I was blown away by all the planes, memorabilia of all the wars they have participated in, as well as space exploration. No charge.
3) After being told that the springs were difficult to get(?), I was told they wouldn't be in until this coming Wednesday, I had to be back in Canada for work and life for today. We bolted home Tuesday as I couldn't stay there any longer with nothing to do. A huge shout out to the staff at Paul Sherry RV in Piqua, Jake (service manager) and Mike (parts manager) fit us in to have it done, they are very busy. I got a call yesterday parts came in early, and they were being installed as we spoke. I paid for it over the phone and left right after work yesterday to pick it up, and arrived back today at 4:30. 4 new springs and the wet bolt system. The rear spring on the opposite side of the broken spring is 2.5" longer than the front springs, it's not supposed to be
4) Also a big shout out to Poole knobs and Douglas Dam for reimbursing me. fully for my reservations.

Just thankful we weren't on the hiway or out in the middle of nowhere, everything could have been a lot worse. Love the way the new truck pulls that trailer.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote