Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2020, 04:33 AM   #1
Lmagnif

Low Point Drains on 2012 Keystone Fireside

How many low point drains should I look for and where on a 2012 Keystone Fireside? First timer and I’m needing to make sure it’s all drained due to freezing temps most of this week...
Lmagnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
bobbecky

Should be two, one for hot and one for cold. There also should be a drain for the fresh water tank. You also may need to drain the water heater.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
Lmagnif

Yes, I drained the hot water heater and I also drained the fresh water tank. But I have looked everyone and cannot find hot and cold low point drains on this 2012 Keystone Fireside. I had a friend who has 10+ years of RV experience come over and look and he could not find them, either. Are there campers without low point drains?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

You need to lay on your back and take a real good look. They can be up against the frame, close to a wheel well, even covered over with expanding foam. Loof for a glob of brown or black foam and it may be just under it. I recall a recent post where that was the case.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #5
Lmagnif

Thanks for replying. Yes, me and my friend who has 10+ years RV experience were under the camper for half an hour looking for the low point drains and never found one. Just the fresh water drain. He had never heard of an RV without them. I guess my question is just that... is there such a thing as an RV without them? Again, this is the 2012 Keystone Fireside if anyone knows for sure about this particular model.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

I doubt that it would be that model specific. I don't know of any Keystone that was built without them. Being 8 years old who knows if the previous owner removed them for some reason. Good luck and I hope you find someone with the exact year and model to answer your question.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
pganarchist

I am first timer to so thank you because I never even heard of a hot and cold low point drain until I just read your post so I thought that they were there was only two drains one for the hot water heater and one for the water lines I'm supposed to find four of them and drain the lines out separately oh my Lord, I have a sprinter and I believe you're going to put a little bit of antifreeze or RV antifreeze in it so even if they're not drained out a hundred percent as long as there's antifreeze in them you should be all right I've been using my water all season not so far I'm in Michigan and it's been below freezing for a couple weeks at least the only issue I ever had is when I left for a day or two and turn my heat off while I was gone I wasn't very smart but yes thank you you might have saved me a lot of headaches it doesn't say nothing about hot and cold drains in the freaking manual,.
pganarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #8
pganarchist

I I am in a 2002 sprinter anybody have an idea where I should start looking before I crawl under there
pganarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:54 AM   #9
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmagnif View Post
Yes, I drained the hot water heater and I also drained the fresh water tank. But I have looked everyone and cannot find hot and cold low point drains on this 2012 Keystone Fireside. I had a friend who has 10+ years of RV experience come over and look and he could not find them, either. Are there campers without low point drains?
I had the same problem with my 2011. Found them under the WH outside the frame rails in the right rear of the trailer.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

There were two floorplans in the FIreside line for 2012. Both look like the low point drains would be on the roadside, aft of the axles, pretty much directly under the pantry in the FS19 and under the wardrobe in the bathroom on the FS18DB. They will be "along the frame rail, about 1" outside and "up high" behind the rear axle. On some trailers, they project 5-8 inches from the DARCO bottom seal, on most, you'll be lucky to even get 2-3 inches, so they will be "above the outriggers and likely right next to one" making them extremely difficult to find.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, keystone