Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #41
canesfan

Does it unscrew by any chance?
Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #42
Mcfeeley

Well, there is a newer Sprinter a couple of spaces from my storage spot and it has the same setup. And there are no holes for pins on the extending inner sleeve. I can stick my finger all the way up the underside center hole on the bottom of the pad and can't tell if there is a nut holding the pad on. Even so, I wasn't able to find a replacement pad on their website and the customer service people had no clue on a replacement part.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #43
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
Well, there is a newer Sprinter a couple of spaces from my storage spot and it has the same setup. And there are no holes for pins on the extending inner sleeve. I can stick my finger all the way up the underside center hole on the bottom of the pad and can't tell if there is a nut holding the pad on. Even so, I wasn't able to find a replacement pad on their website and the customer service people had no clue on a replacement part.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC314667.html
Old 07-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #44
Mcfeeley

Thanks, but these look like they attach with a center bolt. But my foot pad is hollow up the center. At least for three or four inches. Since it is under warranty, I don't want to go screwing around with it too much, but I would try a socket and extension to see if it is attached up the center. But it still leaves me without a replacement. And the foot pad that Lippert sent me was the pinned one. The front jacks are scissor jacks and are pinned.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #45
Javi

Quote:
Thanks, but these look like they attach with a center bolt. But my foot pad is hollow up the center. At least for three or four inches. Since it is under warranty, I don't want to go screwing around with it too much, but I would try a socket and extension to see if it is attached up the center. But it still leaves me without a replacement. And the foot pad that Lippert sent me was the pinned one. The front jacks are scissor jacks and are pinned.
Your description doesn't sound like a Ground Control 3... What exactly do you have...
Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #46
Mcfeeley

The label on the outside of the jack says Ground Control 3.0. See photos a few comments back. My storage neighbors Sprinter says the same.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #47
Javi

Quote:
The label on the outside of the jack says Ground Control 3.0. See photos a few comments back. My storage neighbors Sprinter says the same.
I see the label but the pads look like the new Smart Jack pads...

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...eling___05.jpg

This is what my Ground Control 3 Jacks look like... https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...trol-jacks.jpg
Old 07-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #48
Mcfeeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I see the label but the pads look like the new Smart Jack pads...

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...eling___05.jpg

This is what my Ground Control 3 Jacks look like... https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...trol-jacks.jpg
The top photo is exactly what they put on. But when I search for "Smart Jack" all I get is the tongue jack. And I think that has a pinned foot pad. I didn't find any reference to rear jacks by that name. Are you familiar with these rear jacks? Because everyone else, including the people I've spoken to at Lippert, and the service people at my dealer, are perplexed.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #49
Javi

Quote:
The top photo is exactly what they put on. But when I search for "Smart Jack" all I get is the tongue jack. And I think that has a pinned foot pad. I didn't find any reference to rear jacks by that name. Are you familiar with these rear jacks? Because everyone else, including the people I've spoken to at Lippert, and the service people at my dealer, are perplexed.
That jack is from the Ground Control TT (Travel Trailer) LCI website...
Old 07-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #50
Desert185

Quote:
Photo's attached.
If you (can) replace it, it will probably get bent again. I think I would put a big Crescent wrench on the flange and bend it back. It really doesn't need to be perfect, especially if using a pad of some sort under it. FWIW...
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #51
Javi

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ll_Manual1.pdf
Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #52
Mcfeeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
If you (can) replace it, it will probably get bent again. I think I would put a big Crescent wrench on the flange and bend it back. It really doesn't need to be perfect, especially if using a pad of some sort under it. FWIW...
That's what I originally was going to do but I could not find a way to remove the foot pad. And using a hammer on it was going no where with the heavy gauge steel. I'm wondering why they would use such a low riding jack on the rear and not the higher riding folding jacks that they show on their other systems.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #53
Desert185

Quote:
That's what I originally was going to do but I could not find a way to remove the foot pad. And using a hammer on it was going no where with the heavy gauge steel. I'm wondering why they would use such a low riding jack on the rear and not the higher riding folding jacks that they show on their other systems.
Go to HF and buy the 3-pack, large Crescent wrench set. Lower the leveling pad onto a jack stand or 4x4 for support. Slide the largest Crescent wrench onto the side of the pad that is bent and use a pipe extension on it, if you have one, and put some weight on it until it bends back. If its scratched some and you want to make it pretty, shoot with a rattle can.

Keep Crescent wrench in the trailer for the next time...
Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #54
Mcfeeley

Maybe it is a sign that the times are too good for the RV industry. This is not my first RV but it is my first Keystone. One of the service managers at my dealer made the comment that the RV industry is not like the automotive industry. The automotive industry will try a new idea out through testing on proving grounds, etc. before putting it out to market. Not necessarily true with the RV industry.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #55
Mcfeeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
Go to HF and buy the 3-pack, large Crescent wrench set. Lower the leveling pad onto a jack stand or 4x4 for support. Slide the largest Crescent wrench onto the side of the pad that is bent and use a pipe extension on it, if you have one, and put some weight on it until it bends back. If its scratched some and you want to make it pretty, shoot with a rattle can.

Keep Crescent wrench in the trailer for the next time...
Thanks, I will try that. My main concern is if this will be an ongoing issue and that the impact will eventually screw up the jack gears.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #56
Eddie A.

New Auto Leveling System

Not so sure how I feel about the Ground Control TT on my Cougar. The first two trips out it worked great, but as I feared,it's just another system to have to worry about. Now my right front (RF) jack keeps throwing an error that I can't clear even by attempting to "homing" procedure. Lippert techs keep telling me it sound like a low voltage issue from my batteries, but I'm showing 12.6 volts all around and all the other jacks and everything else that runs off the battery works fine. Gonna be three weeks before I can get it in to be diagnosed and repaired under warranty.....oh well

That said, I have he same rear jacks as you do Mcfeeley and haven't had any issues clearing thing so you may have caught something on the road and not realized it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eddie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #57
Mcfeeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie A. View Post
Not so sure how I feel about the Ground Control TT on my Cougar. The first two trips out it worked great, but as I feared,it's just another system to have to worry about. Now my right front (RF) jack keeps throwing an error that I can't clear even by attempting to "homing" procedure. Lippert techs keep telling me it sound like a low voltage issue from my batteries, but I'm showing 12.6 volts all around and all the other jacks and everything else that runs off the battery works fine. Gonna be three weeks before I can get it in to be diagnosed and repaired under warranty.....oh well

That said, I have he same rear jacks as you do Mcfeeley and haven't had any issues clearing thing so you may have caught something on the road and not realized it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That may be true, but the irony is that I was concerned about it when I picked it up at the dealer. Was reassured by the service technician. Drove it 20 miles on paved highway to my storage lot and then found damage done to it. Must have been a pot hole. There were no curbs on the route. The theory being that it is close enough to the rear wheel to not be a problem. Somehow the theory was disproven in my case. I hope it does not prove to be an ongoing problem. It was a very big buying feature for us. We didn't pay good money for a another hassle.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #58
chuckster57
Site Team

I'm not here to debate or point fingers, but if you hit a pot hole big enough to do that, I don't believe there is any way you WOULDN'T feel it.

I have a call into LCI tech support to see if there is any difference in foot attachment for 3.0 on a fiver and TT.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #59
Mcfeeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I'm not here to debate or point fingers, but if you hit a pot hole big enough to do that, I don't believe there is any way you WOULDN'T feel it.

I have a call into LCI tech support to see if there is any difference in foot attachment for 3.0 on a fiver and TT.
Typical comment from a "service Tech". Just can't be wrong. Please!!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #60
Desert185

Quote:
Thanks, I will try that. My main concern is if this will be an ongoing issue and that the impact will eventually screw up the jack gears.
Is there a way to adjust the jacks up on the mounting brackets?

Tags
leveling