Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Susan, I ask this for my own edification.

You said "hold them accountable" referring to CW in Mesa. Is that by taking shots at them in a "public" place without expounding on your issues - not being ugly but what have you done with the dealership to "hold them accountable"? I'm all about holding folks accountable - that's impossible in a forum. Accountability starts at the dealership and they have to be "accountable" to someone - you or their boss.

I love CW because they ARE accountable; not only to me but upper management. Poor service, bad attitudes etc. can/will be experienced at every kind of dealership there is. Some places the buck stops at the corner office and if he owns it that's it. CW is a nationwide chain that is "managed" for the corporation. The top of the line is the GM...at the store. It progresses much further and every single one of them know it. I've dealt with them all across the south. I will admit that I've had issues and aggravations. I will also admit that I've not had one, not one, that wasn't resolved by me being front and center, sometimes with GM, SM, service advisor and tech all sitting with me so that we could all get on the same page, but they did. Why? The buck doesn't stop at their "corner" office and they know it.

I don't work for CW, have never worked for them. I have had my share of issues with them and other types of dealerships. I find it easier to resolve problems when the guy in the corner office isn't the owner and finds he doesn't like your FSU/Texas Tech/Tennessee etc. ball cap so dismisses you. Not all are that way but some are. I also know lots of folks have problems with CW and I appreciate that. Just trying to point out that "accountability" in any situation that I'm envisioning you having, is a 2 way street. JMO/YMMV

Edit: Not trying to start a pro CW/hate CW conversation. I'm fully aware that there are 2 schools of thought on that. Just trying to clarify responsibilities/accountabilites before we start calling out dealerships for some unknown problems a member has. It's not beneficial IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #22
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by racetech View Post
Im assuming they bought it at auction and didnt check much. I found personal belongings under seats and in cabinets and such.
Ha ha! Oh, this takes me back about 30 years, to our very first RVing experience. We rented a Class C from a slapdash local concern to take down the east coast and back to visit family.

It was agitating enough to run out of gas on the Jersey Turnpike because the (faulty) gauge never dipped below a half tank... but the highlight of the trip was when our ten-year-old started fishing used condoms out of the hinge of the jackknife sofa he had to sleep on.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:14 AM   #23
notanlines

CD, thanks a lot for that little enlightenment.... No time like right then for the 'birds and bees' conversation.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank