Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
Mick 1836

Furrion LPG Oven

We bought our brand new 2018 Keystone Alpine 3500 RL in February and it is fitted with a Furrion gas oven I believe model FSR122SS.

Last night whilst cooking dinner my wife noted that something had happened to the glass display panel and although still in one piece looks like it has shattered.

Has any other owner had a similar problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Cooker.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	17331   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Cooker 2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	17332   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Cooker 1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	17333  
Attached Images

Mick 1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
Mick 1836

Lots of viewing to this thread but no replies, could I be the first Alpine / Furrion oven owner that this has happened to?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Furrion appliances are relatively new in the RV market, at least in Keystone RV's. They are in the "upper brand series" and not in the "entry level" or "mid level" trailers, so they just aren't as prevalent as other brands. So not many members (by population) have Furrion appliances, and those who do, apparently have not had any experience with this type of problem. Trust me when I say that the typical member here isn't "shy" about posting complaints, so it seems this is not a frequent problem, if anyone has even seen this before.

I've never seen (or heard of) broken glass panels like you describe. That doesn't, by any means, infer that it's never happened, just that I have never seen it.

You might want to email Furrion with the photos and see what they say. I'd guess your trailer is still in warranty, so there shouldn't be any problems with the company (Furrion, not Keystone) shipping you the parts to repair the appliance. Most members who have posted about problems with Furrion have reported excellent Customer Service from the company.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:13 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

As John said, this appliance is fairly new. I’m seeing them in the Grand Design Solitude line. At this point we haven’t had one come back with any issues so I’m sorry to say I can’t be of much help here. It should be an easy warranty claim. I would contact your dealer. You might be able to send a few pictures, they in turn file the claim. Then when the new appliance is there, you can take it in and hopefully not have to leave it for weeks/months.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If I remember correctly, this trailer is located in Spain? If so, you may have problems getting warranty service. This is from the Furrion warranty:

"Exclusions: this warranty does not cover the following:
1. Products with original serial numbers that have been removed, altered or
cannot be readily determined.
2. Product that has been transferred from its original owner to another party or
removed outside the USA or Canada."

There is much more to the warranty and this is only the first two lines from the list of exclusions.

So, I'll change my recommendation to contact Furrion. That may well trigger an automatic denial of warranty coverage. I'd now suggest that you contact the dealership where you purchased the trailer and ask them to "do the warranty coordination". That may be a means to avoid the denial of an otherwise obvious warranty situation.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Filing the claim will also be helpful for quality control (ok, I know, dont spit your cereal out! ) Something caused this issue while in use, not in the lab.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:10 AM   #7
Mick 1836

Thanks for your replies, I have emailed my UK supplier of this problem, as noted we are in Spain which means for some crazy reason I cannot make contact with a number of American manufactures Keystone been one because of my Spanish IP address.