Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Mighty Peace

NEWBIE-Northern Alberta with new Premier

Hi everyone. My family travels on Friday to go p/u our new 2014 Bullet Premier 31 BHPR on saturday. We are excited. I don't know if I am more or my boys!

It was a bit a stressful ride for the past month-decisions, but now the decision is completed.

Was torn between the Jayco Eagle 31 BDS and the Premier. The Jayco does have a 2 year warranty and we liked that.

To us, the "WOW" factory as my wife says is the outside appearance with first impressions, and that nobody has this model where we are.

Cant wait to look up some info here on this forum. \Glad to be a member.

I do have one question and its probably been asked before and I tried to get thru today to Keystone Customer Service and they were all busy.......what is your opinion on the outside Protective RV coating my dealer is seeking me to purchase? Worth it? They say it stops the "staining, fading, easier to clean" and has a 10 year warranty. I said no to the interior "Scotch Guard".
Mighty Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum and we all can understand your excitement about your new purchase!

Secondly, I would say "no" to the Protective RV coating for several reasons. First, you can probably do just as well by applying your own polish/wax which will help protect against stains, fading, etc. It is far cheaper and will essentially produce the same results. In addition, many of these 10 year Warranty plans have as many exclusions as they do inclusions so you may not be covered for as many conditions as you think you are. Read the fine print if you are seriously considering this Protective RV coating plan.

Not sure if you have also been offered an Extended Warranty and I would suggest that you also decline this. Save and set aside the $$$ you would spend on the warranty and use the $$$ for any repairs or replacements.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Knucklehead

the DW and I did the extended warranty thing HUGE mistake money down the drain
1999 F350 7.3 MTans DRW 4Door 4X4 4:10 gears
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
GaryWT

Hey nice trailer... Never heard of the coating but I would say no. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
vallboss2

WELCOME TO THE KEYSTONE FAMILY! Never heard of the coating. We purchased our in December and love it. Leaving Monday for our third 7 day trip. Can't get enough.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Lost

From Michigan