Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
FTWingRiders

New From Mass!!

Hello all,

Wanted to intro myself and the wife to the forum. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, getting a bunch of great info and finding my way around. Been a long time TT man. We had a layton 27' no slider we towed with my chevy 1500 as our last rig.

Found a sweet deal on a 2011 2500HD CC 6.0 I couldn't pass up, so to my wife that meant we could finally go a bit bigger. Last week finalized a deal for a 2013 Cougar 325srx! We've ordered a fresh one from the factory, my wife insisted on the fireplace and bronze. I wanted the bigger a/c and aluminum wheels.

It's going to be dual purpose, bike when the 2 of us escape, and a rug and some beds in the back when all 3 boys are coming. My older boys are 17 and 18, and between school, girls, and work they have limited time with less going forward, (tho there's NO way they're missing our annual 2 weeks up at Lake Winnipesaukee in NH)!!! The 8 year old has claimed the loft as his own, which will work great to hide all the stuff he likes to bring along.

Like I said, I've been pouring over this site for all sorts of info, and have been able to find answers to most my questions. I'm sure I'll be posting one or two as they come up. Have a MAY 3rd scheduled pick up date, and we can't wait!!

Thanks for all, Forrest and Terrie
FTWingRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Javi

Howdy and welcome to the forum..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
GaryWT

Welcome fellow Mass camper.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
crash

to the forum from the mid atlantic
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Forrest and Terrie,

Welcome to the forum and to the Keystone family. It looks like you're soon to be "partial empty-nesters" with those two older boys about to branch out on their own. I'm sure they'll want to tag along for much of your RVing, so keep them involved. This is the time to peak their interest in the outdoors and the fun that an RV can deliver (Although girls will provide some serious competetion for first place )

Look around, see what you can find to make your new RV exactly what you want it to be and don't forget the PDI in the Keystone Questions section. It will help guide you through that first inspection of your new trailer and help you not forget to check something.

Again, Welcome, we're happy to have you join us.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

HI Nice you stopped lurking and joined us. welcome to the goup hope all your adventures are safe and fun
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
FTWingRiders

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! Even tho I've been camping for most of my life, and doing do so with TT's, (all used), for about 10 years now, I never really researched a lot on line about it. I grew up on a working farm with an engineer for a father, so I definitely learned to do hands on!

However with my first new camper, and a 5'er to boot stepping up to serious weight, I've definitely become addicted to this site to learn all I can do to it right. Thanks John, for that link to the PDI checklist. I was planning on crawling all over the 325 before leaving the lot, as I don't really trust any dealer, but now I'll have a true list of things to double check.

Although Chad at Pete's RV in Burlington Vt hasn't given me any reason to doubt his ability or commitment to providing the best service yet, I'm sure he will be thrilled...LOL!!

Thanks again! Forrest
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
gregrc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWingRiders View Post
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! Even tho I've been camping for most of my life, and doing do so with TT's, (all used), for about 10 years now, I never really researched a lot on line about it. I grew up on a working farm with an engineer for a father, so I definitely learned to do hands on!

However with my first new camper, and a 5'er to boot stepping up to serious weight, I've definitely become addicted to this site to learn all I can do to it right. Thanks John, for that link to the PDI checklist. I was planning on crawling all over the 325 before leaving the lot, as I don't really trust any dealer, but now I'll have a true list of things to double check.

Although Chad at Pete's RV in Burlington Vt hasn't given me any reason to doubt his ability or commitment to providing the best service yet, I'm sure he will be thrilled...LOL!!

Thanks again! Forrest
Also bought from Pete's RV and I have had nothing but good service. Welcome!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
FTWingRiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrc75 View Post
Also bought from Pete's RV and I have had nothing but good service. Welcome!
Thats GREAT to hear!! I'm 3 and a half hours away and New Bedford is a lot further than I am.. LOL!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
gregrc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWingRiders View Post
Thats GREAT to hear!! I'm 3 and a half hours away and New Bedford is a lot further than I am.. LOL!!
It certainly is. Its about 4.5 if I remember correctly. They were terrific. The door on the camper was delaminating and they were going to replace it under warranty. They offered to meet half way and grab the trailer so I didnt have to go all the way back to Burlington. We exchanged it in Brattleboro which is in southern VT. While they had it they repaired, for free, a dent I put in the rear bumper when I "kissed' a tree one dark night. Repainted the bumper too. Too bad they are so far away!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote