Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
davidcyndi

New member from Katy, Texas!

Hello All...
Well we signed the paper work last night on a 2013 Keystone Sprinter 311bhs. We get to do the walk around at 9:45 Friday morning. We purchased the trailer new at Holiday World of Houston in Katy. The salesman J.C. Mcdonald was fabulous and the finance manager was great also. We are complete newbies to this hobby, but we have done our research to know what we wanted. We are quite nervous to go out our first time though so I am sure we will ask some silly questions. My wife and I have 2 children, my daughter is 10 and my son is 8. Its a perfect time to get them involved in the outdoors and away from all the electronics that kids have these days. Well thanks for all the information I was able to read on the forums these last few weeks, it was very helpful. Hopefully we will see you guys out their sometime.

David and Cyndi

"AUTISM IS NOT A TRAGEDY. IGNORANCE IS THE TRAGEDY."

https://i.imgur.com/3IyXHzt.png
davidcyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
azlee56

Good for you, your kids will cherish the moments (even if they whine while camping). I have some kin down your way. Welcome to the forum and ask away, these people are great! Searching is helpful.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
davidjsimons

Welcome from Virginia. My cousin lives in Katy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

David and Cyndi,

to the forum and to the Keystone family. You're right, both of your children (and you two also) will benefit from the outdoors and being away from all the electronics. Just spending time as a family, around a campfire, with some marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers will bring the 4 of you closer together than you could imagine. You'll begin to look forward to Friday afternoon for a different reason than having the weekend away from work. It'll be great, as I'm sure you're already finding out.

As for your walk around that's coming up. Go to our Keystone Questions section and the very first item you'll see is the pre-delivery checklist. Download it, study it and take it with you when you go to pick up your new RV. You'll find it covers many things that you'd probably leave untouched if you didn't have it to go by. Also remember, that that walk around will be the last opportunity you'll have before you give the dealer your money, so if something isn't right, that will be your last chance to negotiate with leverage.

Enjoy your new camper and the joy it will surely bring to your family and again, welcome to the Keystone family.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
fla-gypsy

Welcome from Florida and congrats on the purchase and decision to join in our passion. It is a great lifestyle and fun.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
davidcyndi

Thanks guys and gals. I know the kids are going to love it! My daughter is already nagging me about when we are going to go on our first trip. You can buy so many things through life and they are just items for one person or maybe later on another person in the family might enjoy it. But this TT is really one of the few things we have ever bought that is truly for everyone. Its a special feeling. Can not wait.

Thanks for the pre delivery checklist, checklist. Man my sales guy and inspection guy are going to freak out when they see it. Hopefully they have seen a few before this one. If they are worth their grain of salt then they should already be doing most of this anyway. so hopefully they will just say oh ok well lets do this, or no big deal lets get started. Wishful thinking I know.

Again thanks for the kind words and the help. Will post up pics on Friday and let you guys know how everything went.

Thanks
David and Cyndi

Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
5mary6

Comgrats...GO and get that PDI checklist they are talking about. It really helps and do ask them to show you everything on that list! Welcome

PullRite Superglide 16k
Revolution kites

Previous RV

2012 MVP Sonoma SE 23bh
5mary6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #8
crash

Congrads on the new camper,and glad to see people getting there kids out and enjoying the world of camping.Happy camping from the east coast
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #9
davidcyndi

Thanks again for the warm wishes guys. Well today is the day! Supposed to be at the dealer at 9:45 to do the pre delivery inspection. Have my paperwork from this site to torture the walk around guy !!! Also went out last night and bought a video camera to record the inspection/walk around. Will be back with picture either this evening or tomorrow. We are also sleeping in the TT tonight at the dealer to make sure everything is kosher. Just a little excited here if you can not tell!

Old 03-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #10
crash

At least camping at the dealer will be easy to let them know what is wrong with the unit and you dont have to take it back to them .Good idea
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
azlee56

David and Cindi, I really like your signature line. Ignorance in so many areas of this stuff. I applaud your little way to make people aware.

Now I better get back to thinking of the topics....RV's!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
SAABDOCTOR

hi to the forum please go to the sticy for the pdi check list. that will give you a good heads up during the walk around. Be sure to make it a slow walk and ask lots of questions. It sure is nice to see new families getting into this wounderful world of camping. enjoy all the adventures to come travel safe. and I love the signature at the end. best wishes
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
davidcyndi

Here we are getting in the camper to camp for the night.

Dinner (james coney island chili dogs)

Parking at storage until we can find a campground to go to this next week. Everything is full because of springbreak. Bummer.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
davidcyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlee56 View Post
David and Cindi, I really like your signature line. Ignorance in so many areas of this stuff. I applaud your little way to make people aware.

Now I better get back to thinking of the topics....RV's!!!
My 8 year old son is Autistic. You would be surprised at how many people don't even know what Autism is, and people who think you child is just a brat and you are bad parents. Autism is not a choice and people need to be aware. I educate as many people as I can (those who will listen).

Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
davidcyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
hi to the forum please go to the sticy for the pdi check list. that will give you a good heads up during the walk around. Be sure to make it a slow walk and ask lots of questions. It sure is nice to see new families getting into this wounderful world of camping. enjoy all the adventures to come travel safe. and I love the signature at the end. best wishes

Oh yes we printed that out and brought it with us. The rep seemed bothered we brought our own but they can stick it. We found 3 minor and one kinda major things wrong and the 3 minor were fixed that day. The one kinda big one was the tv had a blue line down the middle of it when on. They ordered new one and will be here in a few weeks. Other thank that it was smooth sailing.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
davidcyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
At least camping at the dealer will be easy to let them know what is wrong with the unit and you dont have to take it back to them .Good idea
It was a great time as you can see from pics above. Had 0 problems. Everything went off without a hitch.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
CWO_ret

Smile

We bought from Holiday World last month (League City Lot) after the Houston RV Show and had the same problem finding a camping site during Spring Break week. However, we did find that San Louis Pass County Park had sites available. We will be there Thurs thru Sun of this week. As of a few days ago, there was space still available. This will be our first trip in the camper.

Enjoy you new home on wheels!

2017 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7L PSD
2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL
CWO_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
davidcyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO_ret View Post
We bought from Holiday World last month (League City Lot) after the Houston RV Show and had the same problem finding a camping site during Spring Break week. However, we did find that San Louis Pass County Park had sites available. We will be there Thurs thru Sun of this week. As of a few days ago, there was space still available. This will be our first trip in the camper.

Enjoy you new home on wheels!
Right on, congrats. We finally found a campsite. Cagel recreation area on lake Conroe. From the reviews it sounds like a great little place.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...w_Waverly.html
info
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/texas...30284&actid=50
youtube

We are staying 12-14th. Hope you guys have a great time too!!!