Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Irish Reb

New Member about to purchase the Laredo

Hi.... After many months of searching and second guessing, I think that we have found the unit that we want. The Laredo 324RL a 36ft 5th wheel
Sure would like to hear from anyone who has one now or like it. And any feedback about Keystone RVs in general. John
Irish Reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
87shark

Welcome from up north. My wife and I purchased a Laredo 329RE in November .We have it in storage until spring. Our unit is 37 ft long with 4slides. We did have an electric fireplace installed as a dealer option as it was not available from the factory. Only 2410 more hours until we pick it up in the spring.
Riley and Sassafrass
(Spoiled German shepherds )
87shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
tdawg

Laredo

I have had 2 Laredo 5th wheels 1997 27 RL, 2011 310RE loved them both have not had any issues with keystone.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
KanTC

Welcome Irish Reb! We have a 2010 Laredo 5th wheel (265RLS, purchased new), and have been extremely
pleased with it. Have owned other brands, both higher & lower priced, and this is our 2nd Keystone.

Keystone Poll - over 90% said they'd buy another...
http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3015

Happy trails to you & yours,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
fendix

My wife and I picked up a 324 RL in October so we haven’t actually taken it out its maiden voyage as of yet. It is sitting in our back yard. My wife is pissed because I took out the batteries and she can’t open the slides to get in.
We really like the layout, however there are a couple of things I wish were different.. Our sewer hose can’t fit in the bumper so I had to get a pvc sewer holder. I haven’t figure out how to secure it except to bungee it to the bumper.
I also wish I didn’t have to crawl into the rv pass through basement to get o the water pump and bypass valves to winterize. The next RV I get will have those connections on the outside. They have a small hole in the partition but it is too small to see what you are doing. I had to unscrew the partition and pull it back. I also installed a slide out shelf in the pass through so space for me is slightly limited.
I’m also installing new Maxxi tires once it warms up a bit.
fendix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
Bluewater

Welcome Irish Reb. We have a 2011 Laredo 310RE and love it. We are in it right now in Az where it's warm and sunny. It has worked great for us as snowbirds.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Family_5ers

We purchased the 335TG last fall and are so glad we did. We upgraded from a 27' Innsbruk to an almost 38' with three slides. We have two small children so its absolutely perfect. Wouldn't change a thing!
Current 5er: 2013 Laredo 335TG
Past 5er: 2001 Innsbruk 27FRKD

Family_5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
Jca3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Reb View Post
Hi.... After many months of searching and second guessing, I think that we have found the unit that we want. The Laredo 324RL a 36ft 5th wheel
Sure would like to hear from anyone who has one now or like it. And any feedback about Keystone RVs in general. John
We have a 266RL. After looking around we found it to be the rig for us because it is still short enough to get into mountain spots. Plus it has the bedroom slide which we could not find in short length trailers.
I do agree with the pipes underneath for winterizing. Kind of a pain, but I handle that part. Also the gray and black pulls are not very convenient for my husband who always has to get down on one knee at the dump sites.
We had some issues with the refrigerator the first three trips. Had some gunk in the pipes but the dealer finally figured it out. Everything seems to work well now.
We just fixed the day/night shades ourselves. They were installed too tight and strings broke on several. If too tight to lift without much effort take off the small round plug at the bottom and loosen. Wish we would have known.

We sure enjoy our RV and hope you do too.