Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
jdmiller

Slideout electrical outlets

I have a 2011 Cougar 26sab.. I lost power to each 120v outlet in the slide. No breaker is blown. I checked the wires under the slide. The wiring looks frayed and is the likely culprit from the wear and tear of the slide going on and out. The 12v ceiling lights work just fine.

Does anyone know how this is wired? It looks like the wire runs into an angled box at the rear of the coach so I was going to start there. Not sure about the end towards the slide though. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated from anyone who has had a similar problem.
jdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Under your slide you'll find a "wire loom loop" that folds to prevent the 12VDC and 120VAC wires from drooping when the slide is retracted for travel. When you extend the slide, the "wire loom loop" unfolds and the wires remain "tucked up under the slide bottom"...

The wires enter the slide at the bottom of the slide side wall and are routed to the 12 VDC and 120 VAC outlets and fixtures.

On the trailer side, the wires enter the trailer floor, usually are routed to a false bottom on a cupboard where they are either connected with a flat "mobile home connector" or with twist on wire caps inside a metal junction box.

I'd suggest you crawl under your slide, look for where the wires in the folding loom enter the trailer floor. Visualize where that would be inside the trailer and go inside to search for that "mobile home connector" or the junction box.

Mine is connected with the mobile home connector and twice in the past 6 years, the plug has come undone, probably from me working on the water pump which is located in the same space as the plug. So, for me, winterizing the trailer, cleaning the fresh water strainer on the water pump or changing out any plumbing/trying to silence the plumbing runs all open the chance to loosen the mobile home connector.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
jdmiller

Thanks so much, John. This is very helpful to me.
jdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:56 PM   #4
HappyKat

Cougar 26sab outlets

I’m sorry to read about your troubles, but it sounds like I may be having the exact same problem. I wanted to know if you found the problem and figured it out? Thanks
HappyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:04 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKat View Post
I’m sorry to read about your troubles, but it sounds like I may be having the exact same problem. I wanted to know if you found the problem and figured it out? Thanks
Welcome to the forum. The thread to which you posted ended in 2019. If you have a problem with the power in your slide, you might want to start a new thread, describe the problem in as much detail as you can, be sure to provide the trailer brand, model, year and what you have done in the way of troubleshooting already and the results of that work....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, outlets, slide, slideout