Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
Jacketsbum

Pivoting Bathroom Door

I have a 2018 338RLK. It came with a bathroom door that pivoted halfway in and out of the room. They said it was the newest thing and it saved space etc.. this thing was always in the way. If anyone were sitting on the pot they had to turn sideways to let them in. If standing at the sink, close the door, if you want to use toilet, close the door, if you want to walk to bedroom, walk around it. It’s the dumbest idea I have ever seen in a RV and I have had 5 of them. 3 days into our first camping trip I ripped it out and replaced it with a sliding door that takes up no space at all.
Just wondering what other people who have these think of them.
Jacketsbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
cjturnbow

I have a 2018 3721RL. I have the same door with the same issues. I did similar to you but I took the pivot out and hinged the door into the hallway. Now I can get to the bathroom with the slide in.
cjturnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
lesleyinky

I can see all of those issues being a pain. Funny thing is when I’ve walked through new units with those doors I️t seemed like a fantastic design. Sometimes you just don’t know until you live it!
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyinky View Post
I can see all of those issues being a pain. Funny thing is when I’ve walked through new units with those doors I️t seemed like a fantastic design. Sometimes you just don’t know until you live it!
Same here. Was just looking at new ones this afternoon and told DW that the door appeared to be a smart design and would be an improvement over the full swing doors. As you said, living it brings up some negatives. On the other hand, I don't like the full swing doors you have to dance with in the narrow hall at the top of the stairs either.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #5
cpaulsen

Have one in ours and have never had any problems that were brought up. Would nit trade it for a standard door!! Our bathroom is deep with 2 sinks.......maybe that is why we do not have any problems.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
Dorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Same here. Was just looking at new ones this afternoon and told DW that the door appeared to be a smart design and would be an improvement over the full swing doors. As you said, living it brings up some negatives. On the other hand, I don't like the full swing doors you have to dance with in the narrow hall at the top of the stairs either.
I don't know how many middle of the night I almost fell off the steps. Glad to know it is not just me.
Dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote