Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf View Post
Good Luck!

I was told by the dealer that they have seen a number of Bullets with rotted floors. They said that there is a manufacturing defect. Keystone did not put butyl tape under the screws that screw on the apron.

Between that problem and the darco not really being waterproof, floors in Bullets don't stand a chance.
Did that dealer also state that Keystone approves repairing all those with that "factory defect" at their dealership every time? Doubtful!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
danf

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Did that dealer also state that Keystone approves repairing all those with that "factory defect" at their dealership every time? Doubtful!

No, they said their experience was 50/50 with Keystone not even bothering with those out side of warranty.

They also said that because of how its constructed, they (the dealer) could not even repair the floor and that Keystone factory doesn't either.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:47 AM   #23
Quiroule

I have the same problem. I noticed that the trim around the door had swelled above the floor. I ripped out a piece and there was no dampness there, but there was sunny for a number of days and we had not been out.

Looking around the stair I noticed an opening where the stair meets the floor toward the back and a smaller one toward the front, see image below. Shining a light at that opening, I could see light inside between the door frame and the wall.

I plugged these opening with foam and stuffed a paper towel between the door frame and the wall. Hoping that solved it, we will find out.

Stair openning

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #24
66joej

Can't see your picture.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:09 PM   #25
kjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What was the cause if you don't mind me asking?

The dealer determined that the damage was caused by water splashing up from the road and eventually getting to the wood, causing the cheesy laminate to fail.

I hesitate to elaborate because when this was happening to our trailer, I was berated by one of the "site team".
Old 11-02-2019, 02:39 AM   #26
JimQ

This situation with the defective floor is nothing short of criminal on Keystones part. A class action suit is needed. There is absolutely no excuse to knowingly manufacture and install a defective product that is doomed to failure . Keystone should be held accountable.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:46 AM   #27
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post
I hesitate to elaborate because when this was happening to our trailer, I was berated by one of the "site team".
You just have to “shine that on” If you stay in the Forum. I am not going to research the thread to find related comments. Unfortunately there those that seem to have to make it a personal thing which is totally unnecessary, and does not promote cooperation with the pool of knowledge and experience.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd remind everyone that discussion of the site team is not allowed in any open forum (read the rules if you wish). If there's a "beef" with any moderator, per the community rules, take it OFF THE FORUM and discuss the issue with that moderator.

Open forum comments of this type are no permitted.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn View Post
The dealer determined that the damage was caused by water splashing up from the road and eventually getting to the wood, causing the cheesy laminate to fail.

Thanks Kjohn. I think I have an issue but haven't determined if it was caused by a leak in the top of my gray tank, a blowout that compromised the darco over the wheels or just gravel? perforating the material (although I don't do gravel roads).

John (JRTJH) has posted several comments about the danger of the darco being punctured and has installed a material in the wells above the tires to prevent that. I will be doing that as well as soon as I return home in the spring. The darco is such a cheap way out and comes with a lot of issues; it's sad, but Keystone is not the only manufacturer that uses it.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #30
kjohn

sourdough: On our 2019 Cougar 22RBS, the dealer made a nice job of installing some metal skirting over the wheels. Hopefully this will help to keep the water out of the floor system.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #31
Maurice

I have a 2018 26RBPR and we noticed this Sept that our floor was soft in the bathroom. We are seasonal so we don't drive around camping at all. Call dealer, was told to bring in RV. They now called me and told me that Keystone is coming to pick up my trailer in Toronto to take back to Indiana to replace the complete floor ? They will have to break it down to the chassis as everything goes on this... I'm not sure of this. Will it be the same afterwards ...
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
I have a 2018 26RBPR and we noticed this Sept that our floor was soft in the bathroom. We are seasonal so we don't drive around camping at all. Call dealer, was told to bring in RV. They now called me and told me that Keystone is coming to pick up my trailer in Toronto to take back to Indiana to replace the complete floor ? They will have to break it down to the chassis as everything goes on this... I'm not sure of this. Will it be the same afterwards ...
Maurice, you are replying to a post that is over a year old. You will have greater success at getting a response by starting a new thread.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:13 AM   #33
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Can't see your picture.

It appears when a "dropbox" stored photo is linked, the person wishing to look at it has to sign in. Since I don't know what a "dropbox" is, guess I can live without seeing the picture. Best to upload pictures to this site from a local phone/computer, etc.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:49 AM   #34
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
Ours is down in Pendleton Oregon right now having the floor replaced. I have heard from others in different forums liking the new floors and everything when comes back. So far there are more positive than negative on this. However I will have much more knowledge when ours comes back in a month or so.
So far it has been down there 10 weeks now. They have the parts all there but don’t know how many are in front of mine to be done. Just waiting on an email back today. Be prepared for at least 3 - 4 months gone.

And yes I am a Karen
Old 10-15-2020, 09:42 AM   #35
Mike-GA

My 2018 Alpine has a spongy strip about 3" by 4'. Coming from underneath, I come to a sheet of OSB on top of the aluminum 2x4s. It is dry and does not give when my wife steps on the spongy area. Does my Alpine have (going from top own) vinyl flooring > wood > foamboard > OSB > the aluminum 2x4s?

ETA: Nope. Vinyl on OSB on aluminum 2x4s. It was easy-peasy to cut out a section of OSB and insert PT plywood.
Mike-GA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor