Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #1
Arizona Mike

No DC power

Hello All
I have a 2017 fuzion 371 th, I'm having a problem in the dc side of the power system. When I'm plugged into ac in my rv garage power system works fine. Disconnect the ac and I loose all dc circuits. Batteries went down while plugged into shore power. I charged up the batteries 4x 6v they read 13.6 v across the string and disconnect shore power same thing. I replaced the converter and have the same trouble. Give me your ideas thanks in advance

Mike
Arizona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #2
FlyingAroundRV

Hi Mike:

You could start by disconnecting the batteries from the rv and from each other and testing them individually. You might find that a cell has failed in one of the batteries. When a cell fails, you'll see the full charging voltage across the battery when the charger is active and when there is no load on the battery, but the battery has no ability to supply current.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
Arizona Mike

Thanks Scott took all four battery's out had them tested at local battery shop there good. I just ran the genset and then disconnected shore power and the coach went dead again.

Mike
Old 12-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you lost all DC in the trailer, first place I would look is the battery disconnect. After that, I would verify the reverse polarity fuses are good.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
Arizona Mike

Thanks Chuck the battery disconnect is bad plus found a flaw in my battery system only two of the 4 are connected thru the disconnect. Thanks for the input

Mike

Tags
power