Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #21
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5WI View Post
Check all your outlets with a voltmeter or check the breakers at the panel box. I recently had to replace a converter because I thought it was bad. Well it was. However, the problem was all 220v from the 50 amp service was going to one set of breakers and the other ones had residual voltage. After scratching our head for a while we read on another forum about a lost ground. Yep, the shore side plug neutral had came loose. This lesson cost me two A/C's, microwave and converter. But, now I KNOW...
A device like a Progressive Industries EMS would have protected your rig from that damage.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #22
Scalemaster

I repaired an electrical issue in my friends trailer just like you described. A lot of the manufacture companies use electrical outlets that you just push the wire on a tab. Not good in my opinion. In this case they had 3 wires pushed (only meant for 2 max) in the fridge outlet and the power feed came off. Installed a proper outlet with screws. I would start there as all the outlets in his trailer were on one circuit.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
A device like a Progressive Industries EMS would have protected your rig from that damage.
DITTO!!!
Should be the 1st addition to ALL RVs before ever plugging it in.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #24
claymation

did you find the answer to this issue? Was following for future reference. thanks.
claymation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #25
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymation View Post
did you find the answer to this issue? Was following for future reference. thanks.
The OP has not logged in since the original post was made in July so I imagine they found the problem or they have not been able to recharge their laptop to reply.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #26
Ken / Claudia

It seems like about 1/3 of the people come on here asking for help and normally get great advice and just leave without even a thank you or a follow up. That's just plain rude. This site is a lot about getting help and others taking time to give it for free, unlike the dealer or repair shop. Just my opinion.
In the end just let us know what ended up happening.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, outlets