Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
Funky Old Man

Towing behind my 5th Wheel???

I believe I understand what Triple Towing is and that it is allowed in some states but not others. But it was mentioned to me that if I were to lift the front wheel of my trike up onto the rear of my trailer and bolt it down, dragging the rear two wheels of a trike behind the 5th wheel would be allowed and not considered Triple Towing.

This got my hopes up because I would love to take my Trike with me as a additional vehicle to use. Does anyone have a clear answer if this is allowed in NC since NC does not allow Triple Towing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	220.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	22166  
Funky Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Snoking

Total length may be your biggest issue.

NORTH CAROLINA
Total length: 60 feet (excluding bumpers); trailer length: 40 feet (excluding bumpers); motor home length: 45 feet (excluding mirrors and bumpers); width: 8 feet 6 inches; height: 13 feet 6 inches.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Ken / Claudia

You will need to read the exact words and full law description of each state. In my state towing is anything that is pulled/pushed/propelled by a motor vehicle.
If it is not permanently attached to the trailer and in contact with the road, it is another vehicle being towed ie, double tow. And yes check with max. overall length allowed.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
Funky Old Man

Well it sounds like I cannot do what I was hoping here in NC. I haven't measured the length but that would be a moot point. Thanks for the comments guys.
Funky Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, tow, towing