Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
DarylJasinski

325 srx frame spacing

I want add a wheel chock and some e-track in toy hauler area, since the spacing of factory installed d-loops are not in good places for me to use. I've contacted dealer and also called keystone direct and they would not tell me frame specs because I was altering the unit.. Not exactly what I was looking for from them.. My underbelly is enclosed so any help would be appreciated. It is a 2012 325 srx.
DarylJasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
old racer

Attached are some pics. The aluminum stringers run from front to ear rather than side to side. The first one is approx, 12" in from the curb side wall. The next one I wanted to use was approx. 41" it. There should be another in between .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2639.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2457   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2638.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	2458   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2633.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2459   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2644.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	2460  
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
DarylJasinski

Thanks,I think I found an older thread that said the aluminum frame rails are 12 1/2 on center gonna see what I can screw up in the morning.Thanks again though my set-up will be similar to yours. I did buy the cruiser cradle from Harley dealer kinda pricey but seems real nice, bought some e-track was just trying to figure out if I want to run it side to side or front to back.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
cvgkid

Chock & e-Track

Daryl: I'm sure you have already mounted your Cruiser Cradle by now. I have both a Cruiser Cradle and a WheelDock Chock. Since I mounted the e-Track front-to-rear with one track next to the door I ended up mounting the WheelDock since the front support legs are a bit shorter. If you don't mount your e-track next to the door as I did, you should be able to mount the Cruiser Cradle chock closer to center.

I'm guessing you will not be able to use the floor joists because when I drilled the holes to mount my WheelDock I just missed a joist to the curb side of the bolt. I had good luck using some SnapToggle bolts/anchors. I think the Cruiser Cradle could use a 1/4" bolt and anchor, which you can buy at Lowes. For the WheelDock mount I had to go with a 1/2" bolt/anchor.

Send a pic when you get it mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2575  
cvgkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
DarylJasinski

I did get the cruiser cradle mounted (centered) and I installed e-trac as well, I wanted to have at least one side of e-trac in an aluminum floor stud so I did achieve this as the guy did in other post, only issue now is that with the cruiser cradle centered in door way area,the right side e-trac is kinda under the front floor board of street glide, I may just adjust where cruiser cradle is mounted, maybe angle it a bit, maybe move it to the left a bit. By the way, taking the bike up and down that ramp the first couple time had my rearend puckered a little bit.i may find a way to extend the lower portion of ramp to 5 or 5 1/2 feet to help with this.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
cvgkid

Tie downs for Street Glide

Daryl: Something you might want to look into are H-D tie-down brackets that attach to the front fork. I also have a Street Glide and used to tie down using the handle bars. Using the tie-down brackets on the front fork allows the straps to be narrower. Also saves wear on the handlebar busihings. The brackets cost $59.95.

Man, I agree with you on loading. I sat there and visualized going up the ramp a few times before taking a deep breath and going for it the first time. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to go up with a wet ramp and wet tires.
cvgkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvgkid View Post
Daryl:
Man, I agree with you on loading. I sat there and visualized going up the ramp a few times before taking a deep breath and going for it the first time. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to go up with a wet ramp and wet tires.
I do not like to walk the ramp if I have dew on my feet! I would not go near it in the rain. I'm looking into putting some large grip tape or a different grip paint on the door. I have had several people go down on my ramp.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote