Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #1
NCHappyCamper

Questions about Floor and Lighting on 2018 RB26

Hi all - Longtime lurker and now I have a few questions I'd like to put out and see if anyone has insight. The camper is a 2018 Bullet Premier RB26, with the ultralight floors. (Out of warranty, and I've read a lot on the soft floors already)

Issue 1: The floor of ours has one, small soft spot directly inside the entry door. I pulled the threshold to see what is under, but it's only a sweeper rail and doesn't allow me to see much more. I've searched (rain and with a hose) and found no water leaks or path that could allow it to decay in this spot, but recall having a 430 pound nephew in the camper on a late trip last year. I believe the soft spot is where he stepped into the camper and it has been soft ever since that trip. The size is roughly the same size as a foot as well, being about 6" wide, and 8" deep, directly inside the door. (Where a foot would land, stepping inside) I had my wife stand there and flex the soft spot, while I held my hand directly under it (above where stairs fold in) I can feel the floor flexing slightly to support my thoughts on this.

Question: If I remove the stairs and add a piece of lightweight 1/4" steel or aluminum plating (30" wide, 14" deep, 1/4" thick) from side to side, do you think this will this stop the sag? I can drop the steps and use the same bolt holes they are held with, to attach it to the bottom side of the floor.

Issue 2: On this specific camper when you turn on the outside awning lights, it also lights up a small amber light directly hidden within the stairwell pocket. I assume this is meant to be a porch/stairs light to make it easy to get in and out. The downside, is that it's attached to the same wiring as the LED lights on the canopy and they both work from the same switch.

Q2: Does anyone know if there is a hidden switch to run the amber light by itself or maybe rigged a solution of their own? It's just way too bright to leave those LED lights on and the amber should be on it's own switch in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for any insight or opinion.
Mark from Charlotte
NCHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, light