Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2022, 04:33 PM   #1
brooksidebully

2012 summer land 2100rd

I have a 2012 summerland 2100rd sitting in a storage area and was told the bathroom skylight has been broken but it is not close enough to measure for a replacement can anyone tell what size to order?
brooksidebully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

According to Trekwood's website, it looks like a 14"x22" skylight. That said, it could be any measurement since Keystone routinely substitutes components on one assembly line if they run out of the intended parts, so your "Summerland could have a Cougar skylight, a Passport skylight, a Fuzion skylight or any other part that was in stock when the line shut down with your trailer waiting for parts....

https://www.trekwood.com/parts-searc...23+%2F+Keyword

So, to be sure, ALWAYS CONFIRM MEASUREMENTS... but it probably is 14x22... And, if the "skylight is broken", you'll need both the outer dome and the inner dome. It's a "dual dome system" one on the outside and one on the inside...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
brooksidebully

I appreciate the response sadly it is not close to me but I do recall it was square not rectangle.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:50 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd confirm measurements before ordering. Most RV parts houses won't allow returns on merchandise that's ordered by mistake.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 02-24-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
brooksidebully

I could be mistaken as its been sitting awhile
Old 02-24-2022, 05:07 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

If it's been sitting a while AND the skylight is broken, if the skylight has been "broken a while", you may have significantly more repair work than just replacing the skylight. Water entering that space would ruin the luan ceiling, the wood structure frame, the luan wallboard and possibly the floor around the shower... Depending on the size of the hole and the length of time, you could be facing a "complete loss"... Hopefully you have insurance on it ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 02-24-2022, 08:30 PM   #7
brooksidebully

Had a friend that was in the area who looked and said no damage so should be OK but he didn't measure it and went back to Florida but I get it that's why I wanna order one soon and fix it its a 5 hr drive just hoped if I ordered it before I went there but again truly appreciate the help John