Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Yeah, I know. I need help!!!
I just finished scraping about 1/2" of ice off the concrete aprons and the driveway. The roads are iced over, it's not currently snowing or sleeting, but more is predicted. Today is a good day to stay inside, in front of the fireplace and listen to 50's on 5 on Sirius while watching through the window

I hope you find some help, but this old fart ain't leaving the house again today.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

At this stage of my life, the help I need is by appointment and scheduled in 1 hr blocks LOL.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:16 AM   #23
bgrhrdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I watched a guy come in one day when I had work scheduled and try to "force his hand". He was ugly and belligerent with the service advisor insisting on having his problem looked at "right now" as his trailer was right there, right now.
Fortunately the three dealerships I've dealt with since 1992 have been much more helpful than yours.

Although I recommended going in there when other customers were around, I'd never suggest getting ugly and belligerent. You're right; that never works. But I have gone in without an appointment a few times and it worked for me. Once we were in the middle of a cool-weather camping trip and the furnace stopped working. Drove it over there and they spent a good three hours fixing it.

If you go in and respectfully ask something like "Hey, could someone come out here when you get a chance and tell me what I'm doing wrong?" you may get some surprising cooperation.

Good luck and don't give up. Hopefully it'll be something simple.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #24
bsmith0404

It’s been awhile since the OP started this, I wonder what they found. I’m guessing another GFI, maybe in the pass through storage. I’ve seen them in there before as well
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:56 AM   #25
Pbtman

Dead electrical

Is there any chance that your new rv is set up for or has dual Ir conditioners? If so, you’re 50 amp service. Are you hooked up to 50 amp service. On 2 if my friends rv trailers, they’ve recently traded from a 30 amp camper and traded for a 50 amp camper. Both tried to use a dogbone adapter because that’s what they had wired at their houses. Both only had about 1/2 of their trailers outlets that would work.
We got the supplies necessary to run a new power source from the fuse box in one’s garage to the outside and installed a 50amp outlet box. Once we plugged in his camper to the 50 amp service, all outlets work including his bedroom air conditioner. So, we had to wire the other friends hook-up to 50 amp. Everything works.
Pbtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:37 AM   #26
jamtracy

Bought at Camping World…… Nuff said.
jamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:53 AM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbtman View Post
Is there any chance that your new rv is set up for or has dual Ir conditioners? If so, you’re 50 amp service. Are you hooked up to 50 amp service. On 2 if my friends rv trailers, they’ve recently traded from a 30 amp camper and traded for a 50 amp camper. Both tried to use a dogbone adapter because that’s what they had wired at their houses. Both only had about 1/2 of their trailers outlets that would work.
We got the supplies necessary to run a new power source from the fuse box in one’s garage to the outside and installed a 50amp outlet box. Once we plugged in his camper to the 50 amp service, all outlets work including his bedroom air conditioner. So, we had to wire the other friends hook-up to 50 amp. Everything works.
If they only had partial power on a 50 amp camper plugged into a 30 amp dogbone adapter then the adapter is defective.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlets