Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2022, 01:55 PM   #1
Ram Nation

TPO Roof question

I have a TPO membrane on our Alpine and have noticed that others have a roof coating applied to their roofs down here yearly. I have searched on line about different roof coatings and it seems most of what i have read stipulates that you should give the roof time to weather for the coating to adhere properly. With the amount of sun we get here and the intensity I would like to ask what others think of this? Our unit is a 2020 but we bought it middle of 2019 so it's going on about three years now. What do others in the sunbelts do to their TPO roofs other than cleaning, inspections and the use of sealants for leaks? Thanks
Old 02-17-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nation View Post
I have a TPO membrane on our Alpine and have noticed that others have a roof coating applied to their roofs down here yearly. I have searched on line about different roof coatings and it seems most of what i have read stipulates that you should give the roof time to weather for the coating to adhere properly. With the amount of sun we get here and the intensity I would like to ask what others think of this? Our unit is a 2020 but we bought it middle of 2019 so it's going on about three years now. What do others in the sunbelts do to their TPO roofs other than cleaning, inspections and the use of sealants for leaks? Thanks

I use the linked items at least once a year and try to twice if I can. Years and years ago I did nothing like that and the roof material would dry and flake. This seems to fix that. Like you said, when the RV roof is subjected to intense heat all the time the roof is taking a beating. I did this roof (bought new in March 20) in April 21 and will do it again in March. The sealant seems to help keep the TPO (last one was EPDM) from drying out.

https://dicorproducts.com/product/ru...ill-container/

https://dicorproducts.com/product/ro...ill-container/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
Ram Nation

Thanks appreciate it.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #4
dutchmensport

Wash it. After washing it, apply RV Roof Conditioner. You'll be fine if you do this at lest once a year.

Tags
roof