Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
rshipyor

Dish playmaker connection problems

I have a dish playmaker and Wally reciever i just purchased and a. 2018 cougar halfton 25RES while trying to set up the player I tried hooking it up for the first time I connected it to the coxial post on the outside where the control area is with the dump valves are and the reciever to with cable post behind the tv but got got no reception. When I hoop the dish directly to the reciever and a small tv outside it worked what am I doing wrong and how do I connect it correctly.i would appreciate any help.
rshipyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
Ribtip

2 things i can think of. 1 make sure that connection outside goes to that jack. If it does find all the splitters and change them to better quailty splitters that handle a digital connection.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #3
rshipyor

Thanks I will try to do that.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #4
Wyldfire

Do you have a short jumper cable? If so remove it and hook Wally to one of the ports it was connected to. Mine is the bottom one.
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #5
rshipyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
Do you have a short jumper cable? If so remove it and hook Wally to one of the ports it was connected to. Mine is the bottom one.
Not where main tv is . The jumper cable is in the bedroom tv area.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:47 PM   #6
Ribtip

Problem i had was the splitter behind the junction in the bed room on the ceiling would not carry a digital signal. Also the one in the bed room with the antenna amp on it would not work with my dish either . I have a dish on the roof and had to rewire some stuff to get it to work.i believe there is also a splitter behind the wall in the cargo hold that splits the sat plug from outside. they sell a cheap coaxial cable checker to trace your lines if you need. It comes in very handy to make sense of things. If you do a trace and you know you got the right wire and it still does not work you are missing a splitter somewhere.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:53 PM   #7
rshipyor

Thanks I will check on that.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #8
Customer1

Do you only have the one connection outside? Our 26RBS has two, one labeled cable and one labeled satellite. I expected trouble when first connected but all I did was connect the the satellite connection, turn off the booster and it worked.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:57 PM   #9
rshipyor

Yes just one and it’s not labeled
Old 05-11-2020, 03:51 AM   #10
CedarCreekWoody

I'm following along as I have a Playmaker on order and hoping I don't have connectivity issues. Chasing those cables could be a real challenge.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:23 AM   #11
Ribtip

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KLEIN-TOO...xoCdJcQAvD_BwE

Something like this should work for you.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:23 AM   #12
rshipyor

I called Keystone and they said it is dedicated to cable and a satellite system won’t work on it . Called my dealer and they suggested i drill a hole Thru my outside kitchen as the tv is on other side. So I’m not sure what to do.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshipyor View Post
I called Keystone and they said it is dedicated to cable and a satellite system won’t work on it . Called my dealer and they suggested i drill a hole Thru my outside kitchen as the tv is on other side. So I’m not sure what to do.
Rather than "just drill a hole and run a cable through it, I'd suggest some "careful planning" then installing a "co-ax connector port" in the sidewall location you find best for your needs. The connector port is about $7 at most RV supply stores, provides a quick and easy means to attach a cable OUTSIDE the RV without having to disturb the interior cable/wiring. It makes it easier to connect/disconnect the cable for travel/towing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV CABLE CONNECTOR.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	27225  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #14
Ribtip

I agree with the above. Not sure about your camper layout but you can install that new input right next to the Existing one then ryn a new cable to the back of the tv and install a 2 output wall plate.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:00 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribtip View Post
I agree with the above. Not sure about your camper layout but you can install that new input right next to the Existing one then ryn a new cable to the back of the tv and install a 2 output wall plate.
Or install the new co-ax connector port on the outside of the RV so the "hole" is in the cupboard where the RV is mounted. Then just use a short co-ax cable to connect that port to the "already existing 2 port connector plate" behind the TV. That would essentially "disconnect the OEM port" but if it's not working for the intended satellite system, the "easy way to fix it" is to just leave it alone and bypass the existing system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #16
rshipyor

For now is was able to drill a hole they the wall between the outdoor kitchen and below the tv so it is direct connection. Now it works great.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #17
BruceEA

The problem is that the Playmaker dish is not powered and there is not a power supply available for it at this time. I have the same problem that you do.

After many hours of research and with talking to the upper level tech support at Dish Network, the best (although expensive) option is to purchase a Winegard "Carry Out G3" dish. It has it's own power supply so it will power through the resistance caused by the KeyTV module. The least expensive source that I have found is Amazon at $400.00

The only other option is to drill holes in your RV and hard wire it direct to your Wally receiver.
BruceEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #18
CedarCreekWoody

What problem are you referencing? The Playmaker gets its power from the receiver via the coax cable.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #19
BruceEA

Yes it does but it's not enough power to over come the resistance caused by the KeyTV multi-source switching module installed in most 2018 and newer Keystone products.
BruceEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #20
Jnich17

I hard wired all 3 of my hookups in my 2019 Avalanche 375rd. It took a little time, but well worth the effort. Long run to den I just cut slits in bottom insulation cover and pulled with fish tape every 10 ft. I used black gorilla duct tape to seal up and you can't tell I even cut it.
Airlift Bags
Jnich17 is offline   Reply With Quote