Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
Steverett

Slideout does not work

Hi Folks,
We just bought a 2013 Springdale and are going on our first shakeout camping trip tomorrow in it. We brought it home from storage where it's been for about a month and a half. After we got it home, I tried opening the slideout and i got nothing, no motor noise, no nothing.
The dealer said that the battery has to be fully charged, so I have it on house power and crossing my fingers that it will work in the morning. When we bought it, the dealer said they put in a brand-new battery.

If there is something I'm missing, like turning on a switch or something, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help with this,
Steverett
Steverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
Terry W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverett View Post
Hi Folks,
We just bought a 2013 Springdale and are going on our first shakeout camping trip tomorrow in it. We brought it home from storage where it's been for about a month and a half. After we got it home, I tried opening the slideout and i got nothing, no motor noise, no nothing.
The dealer said that the battery has to be fully charged, so I have it on house power and crossing my fingers that it will work in the morning. When we bought it, the dealer said they put in a brand-new battery.

If there is something I'm missing, like turning on a switch or something, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help with this,
Steverett
The battery will drain to zero in storage. Reason being continue drain from radio memory, LP leak detector, smoke detectors, CO detector and things along those lines.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Don't take a dealer's word for anything - you have to know and check those things. I would check the battery the very first thing. I suspect it may be your culprit despite the claim "it was new when you bought it". Check water levels and pull it out of the box to make sure it hasn't "bulged".

It's been in storage. Did it ever work? Did you ever check things out our?? Obviously you have a DC problem but without knowing what you have/haven't done it's pretty hard to assess what the situation is. More info?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:14 AM   #4
Tinner12002

The battery nearly went dead in mine after I had it in storage for a few weeks. As Terry W said, there are fantom power draws on the battery as I found out also. I remedied that on mine by installing a second battery disconnect in the battery compartment to totally disconnect the battery from the coach.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

^^^^What they said. If you want them to last without a charge on them, disconnect the negative cable when stored. Or as suggested, install a second battery disconnect at the battery. Either way, it does the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #6
Voyager

First thing to do is check the fuse, on my Springdale it’s a 30amp fuse and I’ve had it blow a few times, also get to know how to manually bring slide in, I tried it in my driveway with an 18v drill, worked fine but my drill has a high and low setting and would not work on high, you can also use a ratchet but will take quite a while, good luck.
2 Champion 2000's
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
KCSA75

FWIW when we did our walkthru on our Cougar we were told the battery has to be connected, even if it's dead and you're connected to shore power.
So as another poster said, I would check the fuses before going any further.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller
KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout