Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
Kevinkck

AC Fan Runs Constantly

On my 2015 Keystone Passport 2920 BH the fan on the AC runs constantly even when the compressor kicks off. Is this an easy fix or do I need to take the coach in to have it looked at?
I don't have a factory installed ladder on my coach, can I still walk on the roof to clean it and to check on the equipment?

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevinkck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

AC Fan Runs Constantly

Welcome to the forum!!
If your thermostat is square LED readout made by Dometic, then its real simple. The arrows on the right set the temp, and the button on the left sets the "mode".

Pushing the left button will cycle the mode from FAN to COOL to HEAT and OFF.

In FAN mode the right arrows will set the fan to "AUTO, HI or LO".
If the fan is set to either Hi or Lo and you set the thermostat to cool, the fan will operate all the time. If the fan is set to AUTO it will cycle with the compressor.

Come this winter when you set the thermostat to heat, if the fan is on Hi or Lo and your plugged into shore power, the AC fan will run along with the furnace fan. Set to AUTO it won't run with the furnace.

Hope this explains it in easy to understand terms.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Chances are it's your thermostat setting. There is a fan switch on the thermostat. Settings are "HIGH" "LOW" and "AUTO".... When set to "AUTO" the fan will operate "in conjunction with the compressor" when set to "HIGH" or "LOW" the fan will operate continuously. The reason for that is to provide "air movement" so the coach doesn't get "stuffy" and to more evenly distribute air to prevent "hot areas".

Check your thermostat. You'll probably find it's not on "AUTO".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
Kevinkck

Thank you. That worked. I didn't realize it had that option I guess one of my kids changed it.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
Kevinkck

Thank you that worked. I learned something new about my camper.