Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
fonecop1

New '15 Laredo 320TG Satellite Connectioin

We will be picking up our new Laredo 320TG on Tuesday. When we were looking at the trailer I saw one satellite connection and one cable connection outside in the connection center. Inside at the main TV I saw an outlet labeled satellite and in the back bunk area there is also an outlet labeled satellite. Does anybody know how this wiring is configured? I'm thinking they just split the cable and have it going to two locations and you can install your receiver at either one. I just recently bought a Winegard X2 that can run two receivers but they are on separate cables from the antenna. Currently I only use one receiver but am trying to figure out how I could add the second receiver. Knowing how those cables are routed would help me understand my options.
fonecop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Teamster81

I don't know about your particular connections, but thought I would warn you I purchased the x2 and 2 receivers. The info says they pick up western and eastern arc satellites automatically and depending on which channel you tune in. What is hard to find out until after you purchase is when you hook up the second receiver it will only lock on to 1, the 72.7 in the eastern arc which is pretty useless here in Oregon. I haven't got it hooked up yet but I am under the impression if I happened to get it my options will be limited. I would still purchase the x2 but would have saved the $100 on the second unit.
Teamster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
therink

I know on my unit (similar to yours), I have one satellite input and one cable input connection in the waterworks area and one satellite output receptacle in LR behind the main tv. With that said, on mine the satellite doesn't split off to other output receptacles in the trailer. With satellite, a splitter in the system (between dish and receivers) will not work.
I was able to get two satellite receivers to work (different rooms) but had to modify the factory coax wiring for it to work. Let me know if you need further info once you pick up your trailer.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
fonecop1

Thanks for the reply guys. From what I understand on the X2 is if you use the second receiver you have to watch channels that are on the same satellite. I appreciate the heads up. What I am more interested in is having the same satellite receiver feed both TV's and they watch the same thing, that's the way I had it working in the camper I just traded in but they were close enough together that I could plug the bedroom TV and the main cabin TV right into the receiver. Since these are that far apart I guess I will need to figure out how I might use that run to the back bunk area to feed the output of the receiver to that TV location. Also I saw a coax connection on the outside of the trailer I think back by the outdoor kitchen that I was wondering where that gets fed from?
Old 06-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
fonecop1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
I know on my unit (similar to yours), I have one satellite input and one cable input connection in the waterworks area and one satellite output receptacle in LR behind the main tv. With that said, on mine the satellite doesn't split off to other output receptacles in the trailer. With satellite, a splitter in the system (between dish and receivers) will not work.
I was able to get two satellite receivers to work (different rooms) but had to modify the factory coax wiring for it to work. Let me know if you need further info once you pick up your trailer.
Steve
Just reading your post over again I'm gonna guess that you did the mod to bypass the Winegard amp and used the cable TV connection to run the second receiver. I had not thought of that but it would be another option, I didn't see the amp but i'm sure it's there somewhere, we are picking it up Tuesday so after that the fun of getting everything setup begins.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
therink

My amp is in the front bedroom in the ceiling. All the cable connections join at two different coax splitters tucked up in the ceiling behind the amp (a real bees nest). You can redirect the cable input feed from outside at the splitter to any other outlet using a female/female connector.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote