Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
maureen03841

Jensen TV no picture

I have a sprinter travel trailer. My Jensen flat screen has audio but no video. If I shine a flashlight onto the screen I can faintly see the 'menu' so I checked all the settings to make sure that something wasn't amiss there.
To add to the difficulty, it is on a swivel and is 'hard wired' into my trailer so I can't simply replace the TV easily.
I have a small TV elsewhere in the camper which works fine. Both TVs are connected to cable.
If I can't figure it out myself, I am not even sure who to call - RV place? TV repair? I called a local RV repair that I have used successfully in the past and they are not even returning my calls so I am getting the hint from them.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
maureen03841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Most LCD/LED TV's are now considered "disposable" items and it's cheaper to simply replace it than to repair them. That being said, if it's an LCD TV, there are a couple of florescent lights behind the screen that provide illumination for the display. The light circuit is protected by a fuse on the main power board, usually it's a 2 amp glass tube type fuse. You might consider taking the back off and just looking for the fuse and while you're in there, look for any obvious burned components. If something looks burned or overheated, chances are you will have a tough time finding someone interested in repairing it.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote