Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
JoeBradford

Trekker Hitch

I have searched and read many posts on hitches but haven't seen anything on the Eaz-lift Trekker. I have a 2003 Tundra pulling a Passport 2510RB. The hitch is a eaz lift with one sway bar. The day I picked it up was extremely windy and it was a white knuckle drive.

The dealer is recommending an upgrade to the Trekker. Anyone here have experience with it? Recommend or no?
JoeBradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:36 AM   #2
JoeBradford

Trekker

Well I bought the Trekker thru the advice of my dealer. I will try to remember to post my opinion of it after I have been out in the wind. I could not find any information online - ie reviews which made me nervous. Evidently it is relatively new.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
Road-King

I looks like it works similar to the Equal-i-zer hitch. that hitch has been around awhile and I had one on my last TT. It worked good so I would assume the Trekker would work as well.
2008 FLHRC 105th
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #4
MikeJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBradford View Post
I have searched and read many posts on hitches but haven't seen anything on the Eaz-lift Trekker. I have a 2003 Tundra pulling a Passport 2510RB. The hitch is a eaz lift with one sway bar. The day I picked it up was extremely windy and it was a white knuckle drive.

The dealer is recommending an upgrade to the Trekker. Anyone here have experience with it? Recommend or no?
I am using the Trekker Weight Distribution Hitch and absolutely love it!!!! My tow vehichle is a 2008 Toyota Tundra 4.6L V8 (Not the big 5.7L) and we tow a 31OK Shasta Oasis...... I am real close to my max tow capacity and Im telling you this hitch makes all the difference in towing!!!

One of the best features is how the sway control turns off on its own when making sharp turns!

You wont regret this hitch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	401.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	7170  
MikeJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
JoeBradford

Well here I am again. I was researching again to see reviews on the Trekker and found my own post! I used the camper on 16 trips for a total of 44 nights and drove approximately 1,160 miles. We love the camper! As far as the hitch goes I would say that it works really good even in tough winds if I keep the speed at 55 or so. If I am over 60 and it gets windy then it moves some but not near as bad as the one I had with the one friction sway bar. I have a 2003 Tundra which is a little light. I think when I upgrade the truck to a newer Tundra it may all work much better. Overall I would say I am happy with it.
Happy Camping!