Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Wantoride

Berkshire mountain suggestions

My wife and I have tickets to see James tailor in tanglewood mass. this 4th of July. We are new to our passport 23rb and would like suggestions for camping spots. We plan on staying within an hours drive or less, less preferably, of the venue. I see we have several options. Anybody got any suggestions?
Wantoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Travlntj

We frequently stay at October Mountain SP in Lee MA, about 10 min from Tanglewood. However there are no hookups so not for everyone.

Tom
Travlntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
Travlntj

I should have added that you should give yourself lots of time in the Berkshires. Great deal to see and do including historic homes, farmers markets, festivals and lots of music and arts. Tanglewood itself is a beautiful spot, go early and have some time to stroll around the grounds. Wherever you stay you'll enjoy the area.

Tom
Travlntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
frano

About an hour north of Tanglewood, in Pownal, Vermont, is a small and personable, campground called Pine Hollow. If you're into quiet and peaceful (not much there for kids to do) you will love this small (65 site) campground where sites surround a small aerated pond. Leave yourself a couple of extra days since Pine Hollow is just south of Bennington, VT, a very historic city with lots to do. While in the area, be sure to take a road trip up Mt. Greylock, Massachuestts highest peak--beautiful views on a clear day.
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Wantoride

We are thinking of 2 options while we are there, Prospect lake or woodland hills. We may stay at October mountain the night of the show since it's the closest and we wouldn't have to drive as far afterwards, then move on to one of the choices above for the remainder. Is one better than the other?
Wantoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
katiegreeniz

I'm having the same issue right now, but for the 3rd of July date. I am finding that a lot of places around Lenox have a 3 night minimum because of the holiday, but we already have plans for the 4th on the cape. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

https://www.facebook.com/rvcampersofne

Our Trips
7/2012 Maple Park Campground, Wareham MA
9/2012 Saco KOA Campground, Old Orchard Beach, ME
9/2012 Bayview Campground, Bourne, MA
9/2012 Northampton KOA, Westhampton, MA
8/2013-10/2013 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
4/2014-10/2014 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
6/2015-7/2015 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
katiegreeniz is offline   Reply With Quote