Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
jkl13

Cougar Model

I have purchased a Keystone Cougar in 2010 and the decals have been replaced and now they are worse then before. Also outside of the fiber glass siding has bubbles on it. Keystone said they would look into it, but of course no word yet. I should of stayed with my old Forest River Salem model. No problems like this Cougar has.
jkl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your decal issue. Otherwise, how do you like your Cougar?

How long ago did you talk to Keystone about your decals? How much time have they taken?

Again, welcome, most of us are very happy with our Keystone RV's. Let's hope you can find something good about yours too

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
jkl13

Cougar

It is not just the decals. It is also the bubbles on the side of the fifth wheel now bulging out. Keystone sent an email and said someone would contact me shortly, but it has been a week ago.
jkl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The only problems you've indicated you have had with your Cougar are bad decals and some "bubbles" in the fiberglass. Without knowing how serious the bubbles are, it may simply be cosmetic or it could be from water intrusion. If it's cosmetic, what do you expect Keystone to do to remedy the situation? If it's from water damage, have you been resealing your RV as indicated in the owner's manual? Was your previous RV troublefree?

A week is not much time to wait. Keystone has several people working customer service, but they are busy dealing with phone calls, emails, letters, dealer warranty issues and many other things. I'd think that if you haven't heard anything in 4 to 6 weeks, I'd call and followup on the problem.

Also remember that your RV, a 2010 model is now considered a 4 year old RV. The warranty is expired and anything Keystone does to help you is "customer satisfaction" not a company requirement. It might help your cause to keep in mind that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

What has your dealer said about the problems? Have you even contacted the dealer?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote