Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
popup

Toilet will not hold water

I have the dometic sc210 toilet which recently won't hold water. I tried the olive oil trick, the dometic seal lube and extensive cleaning even with the tounge depreser looking tool and no luck. It holds water fine while at home between trips but with use it leaks as fast as it could be

How do you change the seals on the toilet? does the entire toilet need to be pulled from the floor and the foot pedal taken apart?

2007 Dodge 5.9 Cummins Megacab
K&N Filter / Banks cat back exhaust
popup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Mighty Ming

Nope it's a pretty easy repair. I tried all the potions and none worked so I was forced to replace the seal. Did not look forward to it, but truly it took about 10 min to replace. The top of the toilet (everything above the ball) is all I had to remove. Dreaded the thought of the funky smells that I was going to endure. Really it was more the thought than anything else cuz my toilet tank doesn't smell. Keep her well treated etc. plenty of threads here on how to do it. Do a search. If not the seal comes with pretty simple to follow instructions to do the install. Did not have to take pedal off or disconnect any hoses etc. I think the only tool I used was a nut driver for the hose clamps. I was prepared with gloves a gas mask... Well I think you get the picture. Also do a Utube search. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
fla-gypsy

I find that if I do not let the foot flush pop back hard it will sometimes lose water. If it is allowed to pop back into place it never leaks.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Mighty Ming

That only worked for a bit (for me anyway). Also Hated having to let it slam shut. It's truly a very simple fix to install the new gasket kit. Go for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
hankaye

popup, Howdy;

Guess it depends on which version of toliet
ya have... One thing to remember is, if there is a 'V'
style clamp holding the top of the commode to the
bottom, when you go to tighten it up, tap around
the entire circumfrence of the clamp then thighten it
again. Do thatat least 3 times. The tapping helps even
out the pressure of the clamp on the 2 halves.
Good luck with your repair. Let us know how it went.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Jager

Hi Everyone,
New member to this forum. Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. It was very helpful. We are on our 6th camper (3rd 5th wheel) and we have never had this problem before. Not sure what the companies are doing differently but we are having to replace the tank and ball seals. Ya, the job is going to stink but I'm going to give it a shot anyway and do it myself.

We have a 2008 Fuzion Toy hauler and I am pretty sure it has a Dometic Travel Lite 210 toilet. I just ordered the parts and for other people's future reference the ball, shaft kit was $40 and is part number 310681 and the bowl and ball seal kits are $29 and is part number 311462.

Hope this helps someone else some day.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote