Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Jim7411

SeeLevel Tank Gauges

I've been doing a little studying on the SeeLevel guages by Garnet Technologies. Anyone have any experience with them? It sounds like I might have to drop the belly cover to access the tanks. I was also wondering about the new control panel. Would it replace the stock unit so I won't have to make a new hole in the wall? I've found the OEM gauges to not be terribly accurate.
Jim7411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
TandE

From what I have read you can use the same wiring as the factory gauges and remove the factory level indicator. The only thing to is of course ruin the wiring from the old sensors to the new ones. Also you would have to make sure your tanks are tall enough to mount the new sensors to. I believe the smallest you can cut them is 6-8 inches but I'd have to double check that.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
geo

We have the SeeLevel Gauges on our SOB. They are wonderful! Scale increments in 3% steps! They utilize an induction technology, so there is nothing poking into the tank to get fouled. The read-out panel is a flush mount, so I am not sure about how it would replace the present read-out box. The sensors do have a limit on how short they can be cut. You can overlap two sensors to lengthen them. The Garnett SeeLevel website has extensive information, and will pretty much give you more than enough information. They are easy to installed ... once you drop the coroplast and locate the tanks. Some might comment on the expense, but once you use them, you will know that it was money well spent!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Jim7411

Thanks for the feedback. What is "SOB"? I know the usual meaning, but this must mean something special.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Jim7411

Thanks for the info. I think the biggest job will be dropping the belly cover to access the tanks. Everything else sounds pretty straight forward.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim7411 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. What is "SOB"? I know the usual meaning, but this must mean something special.
Jim -

Ah, well . . . SOB = Some Other Brand. There are a few of us former Keystone owners who like this Forum and want to still contribute. (See signature line below)

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim7411 View Post
Thanks for the info. I think the biggest job will be dropping the belly cover to access the tanks. Everything else sounds pretty straight forward.
Jim -

There are several models of the SeeLevel. I'm sure you know how many tanks you have, but examine the descriptions well before ordering. One "item" that is missing on the SeeLevel console is the switch for the propane water heater. Please take that into consideration.

Just for our Canadian members - the SeeLevel is a fantastic Canadian product! I'm still wondering why the US representative is in Granbury, TX though.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
Old 08-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
Bigg-limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
Jim -

There are several models of the SeeLevel. I'm sure you know how many tanks you have, but examine the descriptions well before ordering. One "item" that is missing on the SeeLevel console is the switch for the propane water heater. Please take that into consideration.

Just for our Canadian members - the SeeLevel is a fantastic Canadian product! I'm still wondering why the US representative is in Granbury, TX though.

Ron
Ron, what's wrong with Granbury, Tx?!
Leonard
Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
Ron, what's wrong with Granbury, Tx?!
Leonard
Leonard -

Now, you know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Granbury. . I just think it's unique that Garnet would choose a small, suburb Texas town that has a unique downtown and is well known for its antique shops as a US distribution point. It would be the same as if MCD Shades chose Okotoks, AB as a Canadian distribution point! Both towns have unique features, but are not thought as major international distribution points.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch