Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Patrick Smith

Small slide leak 2010 Cougar 31SQB

Carpet was wet due to rain leak. The slide was retracted and closed for 2 weeks and that is when leak occurred. It is the short slide out for the little closets in the bedroom with the 3 bunks and the 2 big fold out cushions on the floor. I have searched leaks but it may be specific to this model.
My thoughts:
It is a small slide and tends to stay level unlike the heavier big slide out. I tried to jack up passenger side to get a bit of a tilt.
Rubber gaskets around the slide out when open...I guess baby powder loosens them up so they don't stick. Should these rubber gaskets stay in the same orientation when the slide is retracted or do they flop inward??
Is it more likely to leak with slide in or out assuming in out position the gaskets are properly set in the sealing position.
I have other thoughts and theories but will stop here for some helpful comments, I hope. Thanks.
Patrick Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
Patrick Smith

I am going up today to inspect the leak situation. I left the slides in the out position and hope that there is no water penetration. I am in a permanent site and don't move the trailer. So I could perhaps approach the problem differently. I would like to hear from people in a permanent site situation. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
bgilsrud

leak

Check the rear window.seals. that's where my sqb was leaking. Spray a little.water on the outside and see if the window fills up and runs over and down the inside.
bgilsrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Patrick Smith

Bgilsrud, thanks for response. Since it leaked with slide in and since the little gutter was clogged from debris from trees, the water spills over and down over the window trim...so your theory might be correct. How did you fix it? With the slide out, there were no leaks because it wasn't the same situation. I also cleaned out the little gutter.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
bgilsrud

I called and bitched at the window manufacturer and they sent me some new window seals! Also check to make sure that the seal around the top corner of the window didn't come unstuck and fold over! That is the issue I had with mine.
bgilsrud is offline   Reply With Quote