Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2022, 03:38 AM   #1
Rump

keystone alpine 3910rk - permanent sewer hook up

Will be living in our Alpine 3910RK for 18-24 months while building a new home. Anyone have experience tying the (2) sewer outlets into the 4" pvc drain line that runs to the septic tank ?
Rump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:03 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You will be fine doing that, just don’t leave the drain valves open. If the black tank valve is left open you will end up with a pyramid of poop and eventually the toilet won’t drain.

Leaving the gray tanks open can cause a build up of food particles and soap scum. It’s better to set a schedule of dumping.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:19 AM   #3
dutchmensport

I'm never hooked up "permanently" but when we have full hook-up sites and we are staying for a few days, I go ahead and hook up my sewer hoses together. I have no problems dumping my tanks.

In the photo below, the front drain is the kitchen sink. The back drain is the shower (grey) and toilet (black) that join at a common outlet. I do not leave tanks open and when draining, drain them one at a time.

On the back one, I have a 3rd valve (Flush King style), so I can close off the common outlet and use that to back flush the grey water into the black tank to help rinse it out without having to pump a lot more water down the black tank. This simple process saves a lot of water and cleans the black tank out very well. If you are parked long term in one spot, this is a very good method to use to flush out the black tank.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:30 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rump View Post
Will be living in our Alpine 3910RK for 18-24 months while building a new home. Anyone have experience tying the (2) sewer outlets into the 4" pvc drain line that runs to the septic tank ?
Are you going to live in it and not move it for that time period or are you traveling in it full time?

I know your question was only about the drains but here's some other considerations. If it's going to be stationary on your home site check with the building dept and get their approval. The last thing you want to do is get all set up and an inspector comes and slaps a conemed tag on the trailer door. Then I'd recommend setting it on blocks, remove the tires/wheels and store them on the sidewall in a dry place covered. That will give a good stable platform. Then I'd use rv sewer pipe adapters to connect to pvc pipe. Then plump it with pvc pipe from the trailer sewer outlets to a "Y" then to the sewer connection in the ground.

If it gets cold there then you will need a heated water hose. I'd buy skirting or use foam board to run the perimeter of the underside. Contact a LP company and get a bulk tank(s) set and set up an auto refill account. Depending on temps I would go with less than two 100 lb tanks.

If your moving the trailer around simply get several sewer hoses, a "Y" and connect it as has been suggest.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
Rump

thanks to all ! appreciate all the info & many good tips. Was actually hoping that someone out there had similar situation (all lines in hard pipe) and might also have a photo of their install.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:20 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rump View Post
thanks to all ! appreciate all the info & many good tips. Was actually hoping that someone out there had similar situation (all lines in hard pipe) and might also have a photo of their install.
You don’t mention Plans for the 5th wheel after house is built. If to use as intended and travel, for the 18 months I would just use soft connections.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:51 AM   #7
Rump

After living in the unit full time during the 18-24 months of building new home, we intend to sell the 5th wheel. Thanks for the "soft connections" suggestion,
hadn't considered that assuming that hard pipe would be the way to go for that length of time.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:39 AM   #8
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.

Tags
alpine, keystone, sewer